House set to begin formal impeachment hearings

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
PAGING MITT ROMNEY....
PAGING MITT ROMNEY....

I never thought I'd say this but I sooooo wish Mitt Romney would run, like right now, like announce today.
Me.... an JFK, Obama, Hillary democrat, I would vote for Mitt Romney in a New York minute.
Mitt Romney appears to be the only level headed, realistic, truly "PATRIOTIC" adult in the room. Certainly in the US congress.
And Mitt Romney appears immune to this Donald Trump cult illness that so many republicans have fallen victim to because they refused to get their Donald Trump Cult vaccination. Sarah Plain must have told republicans that vaccinations were bad.
I guess Mitt has a natural immunity.
NOPE, the pod people couldn't quite get to Mitt Romney.

Mitt would be a huge game changer. People would actually have a plausible choice not only against Donald Trump but also against Joe Biden, who is doomed to fail in the end.
We damn well DO NOT want a second Donald Trump term, but I doubt Joe Biden can stop that from happening.
But Mitt Romney could.
Mitt may be our obi-wan kenobi.
And obi-wan kenobi is our final hope.

Reactions: interchange

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
PAGING MITT ROMNEY....
PAGING MITT ROMNEY....

I never thought I'd say this but I sooooo wish Mitt Romney would run, like right now, like announce today.
Me.... an JFK, Obama, Hillary democrat, I would vote for Mitt Romney in a New York minute.
Mitt Romney appears to be the only level headed, realistic, truly "PATRIOTIC" adult in the room. Certainly in the US congress.
And Mitt Romney appears immune to this Donald Trump cult illness that so many republicans have fallen victim to because they refused to get their Donald Trump Cult vaccination. Sarah Plain must have told republicans that vaccinations were bad.
I guess Mitt has a natural immunity.
NOPE, the pod people couldn't quite get to Mitt Romney.

Mitt would be a huge game changer. People would actually have a plausible choice not only against Donald Trump but also against Joe Biden, who is doomed to fail in the end.
We damn well DO NOT want a second Donald Trump term, but I doubt Joe Biden can stop that from happening.
But Mitt Romney could.
Mitt may be our obi-wan kenobi.
And obi-wan kenobi is our final hope.
Jesus Christ. I think Biden is possibly the worst of the potential Democrats but the idea that any GOP politician is better than him is nucking futz. Absolutely batshit. If you came to this conclusion yourself you are one ignorant fucktard.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I don't know... in a hypothetical race between Mitt Romney and Joe Biden, I think that I would pick Mitt Romney. I don't think that most Trump supporters would do the same, though.

After Trump, we really need a president who's smart enough to keep their mouth shut in certain situations. Joe Biden has proven in the past that he isn't that guy.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Clearly, the pubs are back on their heals. Nothing but weak sauce. They know they've got a real problem now, and the next questions for the committee will be why the DOJ blocked the FBI from investigating this. Cough Bill Barr.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I don't know... in a hypothetical race between Mitt Romney and Joe Biden, I think that I would pick Mitt Romney. I don't think that most Trump supporters would do the same, though.

After Trump, we really need a president who's smart enough to keep their mouth shut in certain situations. Joe Biden has proven in the past that he isn't that guy.
Well it is clear you guys have not learned a single thing in the past 40 years.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Clearly, the pubs are back on their heals. Nothing but weak sauce. They know they've got a real problem now, and the next questions for the committee will be why the DOJ blocked the FBI from investigating this. Cough Bill Barr.
Trump was sure to drag Pence into it so the GOP couldn't dump him for Pence. If they both got impeached, it would be President Pelosi.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Best part was the Ukrainian guy buttering up the President by saying things like:
I followed what you did to win a difficult race
Your (Trump) win was surprising and historic
I follow what you do

**above is not direct quotes but real close**
Trump's an open book in this regard. Just lavish him with complements.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Best part was the Ukrainian guy buttering up the President by saying things like:
I followed what you did to win a difficult race
Your (Trump) win was surprising and historic
I follow what you do

**above is not direct quotes but real close**
Don't forget making sure to mention that he'd stayed at Trump Tower the last time he was in NY.

Feb 4, 2009
Don't forget making sure to mention that he'd stayed at Trump Tower the last time he was in NY.

He may have but from what I heard it was two steps lower praise than what Kim Jung On (whatever the fuck fat boys name is) would receive.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
He may have but from what I heard it was two steps lower praise than what Kim Jung On (whatever the fuck fat boys name is) would receive.

I'm sure a leader's popularity with Trump rises with the more people they have killed.
Trump probably wants to "go hunting" with them some day.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
The first polls are coming out--one nationwide poll shows Americans in favor of impeachment at 45%; opposed at 30%.

A YouGov poll finds 22% of Republicans "strongly" in favor of impeachment; 10% of Republicans "somewhat" in favor.

Hey wait, I thought this would be bad for the Dems politically?

• Haha
Reactions: ivwshane

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Nice timing. The house in going on vacation, and taking this home to their constituencies, for the town halls.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Nice timing. The house in going on vacation, and taking this home to their constituencies, for the town halls.

Two weeks is way too long to be in recess with this going on. They need to get back asap and get this finished.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Two weeks is way too long to be in recess with this going on. They need to get back asap and get this finished.
Someone in House leadership mentioned yesterday that there are ongoing talks about suspending or shortening the recess...not sure if that's still on the table. I'd imagine the intel committees (and possibly others) want to call additional witnesses and subjects of the complaint to testify ASAP.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
The first polls are coming out--one nationwide poll shows Americans in favor of impeachment at 45%; opposed at 30%.

A YouGov poll finds 22% of Republicans "strongly" in favor of impeachment; 10% of Republicans "somewhat" in favor.

Hey wait, I thought this would be bad for the Dems politically?

So embarrassingly low still. That republican number is at least ten times higher than it was at least.