KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
0I05Inf.png

lol

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
sweet. I think I'm going to take the train into DC this afternoon to purchase some sweet sweet cheeba.

I'm not even joking.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
His base has been suckered into paying his legal fees before, why assume they’d ever wise up??

slow keeps buying fur coats and wedding presents for Wayne's family with his own money, so I'm sure he'd be first in line to start shoveling money towards Trump for this.

Reactions: Bitek

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Interesting... I wonder if this prompted POTUS to release the transcript. I think we’re about to see another Bill Barr “get ahead of the narrative” move...

That is exactly what we are about to see. I strongly suspect that they will try and delay the whistleblower's testimony as long as possible in order to set the narrative as much as possible. Then I suspect he will demand that much of the whistleblower's testimony be kept secret.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
L O L

Trump will not be impeached. This is just more drama from the left.

There’s a difference between “impeached” and “removed from office”. There is a 0% chance the Senate carries out impeachment and removes Trump, so thank you Capt. Obvious.

I would have said 3 days ago there was a good chance an impeachment vote in the House might still fail, hence Pelosi’s reluctance to even entertain that idea. Dems launching an inquiry and failing to impeach themselves would be the greatest gift to Trump’s campaign. While there is still a probability of that happening, it looks much less likely now.

But Dems are known to be fickle creatures when it comes to the political calculus for impeachment. If Trumpsters can organize enough anti-impeachment sentiment in their districts, there may be some waffling before the actual vote.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Yes, here you are again.

It's possible that Pelosi is going to say that there's no impeachment inquiry (the first step in the process of impeachment) at 5 pm today. Would you like to lay money down, real US dollars on that being the case?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I am really looking forward to Trump releasing a misleading transcript (yes he said it will be unedited but he lies about everything) and then Slow and others coming in here saying 'see?? He did nothing wrong! FAKE NEWS!' only for it to come out shortly thereafter that yes, he was lying about that too.

Reactions: Pohemi

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
L O L

Trump will not be impeached. This is just more drama from the left.
If they do start a formal inquiry, the only way they can really get away without impeaching him is to drag the inquiry out past the election. Now, that's a long way from saying he'd be convicted in the Senate. But it would be politically catastrophic for them to start a Democrat-lead inquiry and then walk away from it.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I am really looking forward to Trump releasing a misleading transcript (yes he said it will be unedited but he lies about everything) and then Slow and others coming in here saying 'see?? He did nothing wrong! FAKE NEWS!' only for it to come out shortly thereafter that yes, he was lying about that too.

I actually think the transcript by itself might be inconclusive, which is why team Trump is promising to release it.

But, I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump uses Pelosi’s impeachment press conference as an excuse to renege on releasing the transcript. “Because the horrible Democrats are hell bent on taking me down, despite our cooperation, I have no choice but to exercise privilege and refuse to give in!”

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Hell, remember when the Carter Page surveillance warrant documents were released and they tried to claim victory even though what they released completely contradicted their claims? I'm pretty sure Trump could release and completely straight-forward, completely damning transcript and they'd *still* claim it was a total exoneration.

Which isn't to say that I don't think you're 100% correct about what Trump and Co. will do.

Reactions: Pohemi

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Formal inquiry. Inquiry. Nothing will happen lol. It’ll be just like Mueller. The plan of the Dems is to keep him under constant pressure until Election Day, not to actually remove him from office. Y’all dont get your hopes up on anything beyond more than theatrics

• Wow
Reactions: jackstar7

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Formal inquiry. Inquiry. Nothing will happen lol. It’ll be just like Mueller. The plan of the Dems is to keep him under constant pressure until Election Day, not to actually remove him from office. Y’all dont get your hopes up on anything beyond more than theatrics

It's for the discovery and the documents that come with it.

Reactions: Paladin3