House passes CISPA with overwhelming GOP support

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Add another issue proving the 'no difference between the parties' ignorant people wrong.

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
Well it benefits corporations at the expense of citizens, so of course the GOP passed it. Is anyone surprised by that ? They don't believe in a right to privacy anyway, so there's not much of downside for them.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
All 5 dems from CT voted no. Fuck you GOP and fuck you GOP supporters.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
john-boehner-pledge-to-america-092410-xlg.jpg

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
28 Republicans are worth keeping, the rest can GTFO.

Ironically enough the left will readily crucify some of those 28 for being Tea Party extremists, yet it's the conservative small government voice we need to foster in the GOP to defeat such tyranny.

Last edited:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Add another issue proving the 'no difference between the parties' ignorant people wrong.

I can't speak for everyone, but my position has been the two parties are more alike than different, not that they are identical. Yes, I certainly agree the Republicans are demonstrably worse for most Americans, but the Democratic party is a disgrace too. On this specific issue they serve Americans' interests better, on many they're comparably bad, and on some, they're clearly worse. Ultimately both parties focus most on whoring themselves to select special interests with deep pockets rather than serving the majority of American citizens. Some of those special interests have bought both parties, others pick sides.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I can't speak for everyone, but my position has been the two parties are more alike than different, not that they are identical. Yes, I certainly agree the Republicans are demonstrably worse for most Americans, but the Democratic party is a disgrace too. On this specific issue they serve Americans' interests better, on many they're comparably bad, and on some, they're clearly worse. Ultimately both parties focus most on whoring themselves to select special interests with deep pockets rather than serving the majority of American citizens. Some of those special interests have bought both parties, others pick sides.

See any other answer than a constitutional convention?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

Honestly, I no longer think even that would fix it. A convention would be dominated by the same special interests and their servants because most Americans are too apathetic and ignorant. As long as their televisions work and they have beer in the fridge, they're content to have their future sold out from under them. I don't know how we change this.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009

Americans need to get out and vote. Voter turnout, even in presidential elections, is pathetic. People also need to stop treating elections like casting votes on American Idiot, er I mean, Idol. An election isn't a popularity contest. And Americans are getting more and more of what they deserve as many are voting for people that promise them the most goodies, making them not all that much different than the corporations they claim to hate.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Honestly, I no longer think even that would fix it. A convention would be dominated by the same special interests and their servants because most Americans are too apathetic and ignorant. As long as their televisions work and they have beer in the fridge, they're content to have their future sold out from under them. I don't know how we change this.

+1

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009

This.