House Passes 1/6 Commission

Page 98 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
And THIS is one reason why Donald Trump will never be president, never again.
PS. There are also many other reasons.

My fear is that somehow it will happen, but....even more fearful of what is coming. There's always someone slicker and worse out there and we as a country are primed to fall for it. We need way more transparency in our government.

Reactions: dank69

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Admittedly I am a legal amateur and I do realize she is the spouse of a supreme.
She doesn’t hold any office, is it illegal for me to call a Governor and say “I need you to change the vote total”?
Her position implies coercion. Having said that, there probably is some kind of statute against asking people to commit a crime.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Feb 4, 2009
Her position implies coercion. Having said that, there probably is some kind of statute against asking people to commit a crime.

I am thinking it’s more of a shake down thing as in who we’re you speaking with in the White House or even we’re you speaking with any Proud Boys?

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Meadows will comply with subpoena. I guess he saw Bannon going down.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Admittedly I am a legal amateur and I do realize she is the spouse of a supreme.
She doesn’t hold any office, is it illegal for me to call a Governor and say “I need you to change the vote total”?

An you call someone and order a hit?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Meadows will comply with subpoena. I guess he saw Bannon going down.

Hopefully he sees Trump going down and wants to flee the sinking ship.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Wtf

“The threat, which was originally flagged by SITE Intelligence Group, a non-governmental organization tracking online activity of white nationalists and extremist groups, was passed on to US Capitol Police by the Secret Service under the subject line “NEO-NAZI calls on D.C. Pro-Trump Protesters to Occupy Federal Building” in December 2020. Capitol Police acknowledged these notifications replying “Thanks!” and “Thanks bro!”

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Wtf

“The threat, which was originally flagged by SITE Intelligence Group, a non-governmental organization tracking online activity of white nationalists and extremist groups, was passed on to US Capitol Police by the Secret Service under the subject line “NEO-NAZI calls on D.C. Pro-Trump Protesters to Occupy Federal Building” in December 2020. Capitol Police acknowledged these notifications replying “Thanks!” and “Thanks bro!”

That reads as more of an indictment of Capitol Police vs. SS. SS is not tasked with protecting Congress.

Reactions: dank69 and hal2kilo

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Again can’t blame capitol police either. They were ordered to not be armed with any lethal weapons.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Again can’t blame capitol police either. They were ordered to not be armed with any lethal weapons.

I believe they were ordered not to use heavy non-lethal riot control weapons. Capital police leadership didn’t want to seriously hurt the rioters.