House Passes 1/6 Commission

Page 94 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Well the committee's work was certainly eye opening and sobering.

Maybe somebody will remember to make a meme out of it after Trump becomes president again.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic
Feb 4, 2009
What the Fuck, the inspector general investigating the lost Secret Service text messages is a Trump appointee AND HE IS STILL WORKING THE CASE!!!!!
Get rid of this turd and put someone competent in.
Fucking outrageous, so irritating how Democrats refuse to use power while they have it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It is amazing to me that lawyers are this stupid. At my organization I can always tell when our lawyers are worried we might get into trouble because their email just says 'call me'.
I would say arrogant. They assumed their white privilege would keep them from being remitted to the license place factory.

I doubt any of these people will do serious jail time.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I would say arrogant. They assumed their white privilege would keep them from being remitted to the license place factory.

I guess it depends on what you mean by serious jail time but I think a number of the chuckleheads involved in this scheme will be sent to prison. Clark and Eastman stand out to me as particularly vulnerable people along with Meadows.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I guess it depends on what you mean by serious jail time but I think a number of the chuckleheads involved in this scheme will be sent to prison. Clark and Eastman stand out to me as particularly vulnerable people along with Meadows.
By serious time I mean more then Crystal Mason who's only crime she voted after being released from prison. She thought she was eligible and got 5 years. If you compare the crimes these guys should get 2x her sentence.

If they get any time it will be a few months. Mark my words.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
By serious time I mean more then Crystal Mason who's only crime she voted after being released from prison. She thought she was eligible and got 5 years. If you compare the crimes these guys should get 2x her sentence.

If they get any time it will be a few months. Mark my words.

Well we don't know the charges and I don't know the sentencing guidelines for them so I wouldn't hazard a guess. I'll just leave it at the fact that I think they are at significantly greater jeopardy than you do.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
It is amazing to me that lawyers are this stupid. At my organization I can always tell when our lawyers are worried we might get into trouble because their email just says 'call me'.

at our place we can't even do that. Calls are recorded!!!

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
What's the point/benefit of Mulvaney testifying? He was out of the WH long before J6.

Seems he will be a character witness of sorts for Hutchinson and others.

"She's a lifelong Republican," Mulvaney said of Hutchinson on "The Takeout." "She worked for Ted Cruz. She worked for Steve Scalise. She was in the White House for four years. There's no reason for her to lie."

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

They thought they would win and all would be forgiven. You can do anything you want if the law won't touch you.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Trump could get encased in concrete and shot to the moon and our good friend would be like 'he's just going to break out using the power of the sun like Nuclear Man did in Superman IV and will fly back to be president'
What, you don't believe Trump has absolute immunity for Jan. 6?

Trump claims he has “absolute immunity” from Jan. 6 lawsuits in new court filing | Salon.com

Trump has "spoken about how when you are the president of the United States, it is tough for politically motivated prosecutors to 'get to you," a source who discussed the matter with Trump told the outlet. "He says when [not if] he is president again, a new Republican administration will put a stop to the [Justice Department] investigation that he views as the Biden administration working to hit him with criminal charges — or even put him and his people in prison."

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
What, you don't believe Trump has absolute immunity for Jan. 6?

Trump claims he has “absolute immunity” from Jan. 6 lawsuits in new court filing | Salon.com

Trump has "spoken about how when you are the president of the United States, it is tough for politically motivated prosecutors to 'get to you," a source who discussed the matter with Trump told the outlet. "He says when [not if] he is president again, a new Republican administration will put a stop to the [Justice Department] investigation that he views as the Biden administration working to hit him with criminal charges — or even put him and his people in prison."
LOL.

The biggest liar on the planet makes a claim.

Gee I wonder if it's true.