House Passes 1/6 Commission

Page 35 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
i assume they will plead the 5th or otherwise "not remember" just about anything from 2015-2021.

i'll be pleasantly surprised if we get useful information
They can say whatever BS they want. I don't think they are under oath. And you know what that means.
Edit: If you have most of the facts, their lies can be a guide to truth.

Nov 17, 2019
^^^ Whether or not investigators should have those is one question. No media source should have them unless they're part of a public record somewhere.

Nov 17, 2019
MeadowMuffin thinks he's being picked on.

Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows says Jan. 6 panel has sought to publicly 'vilify' him

www.baltimoresun.com.ico
The Baltimore Sun|6 minutes ago
Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows accused the congressional committee investigating last year's attack on the U.S. Capitol of leaking all of the text messages he provided to the panel in what he says was an effort to vilify him publicly.

Feb 4, 2009
MeadowMuffin thinks he's being picked on.

Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows says Jan. 6 panel has sought to publicly 'vilify' him

www.baltimoresun.com.ico
The Baltimore Sun|6 minutes ago
Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows accused the congressional committee investigating last year's attack on the U.S. Capitol of leaking all of the text messages he provided to the panel in what he says was an effort to vilify him publicly.

But his email……

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Look like the RNC will be turning over emails to the committee. Ruling by a Trump judge.

"Thorough victory": Judge rules Jan. 6 committee can obtain data from Republican National Committee | Salon.com

The committee is seeking records held by business software company Salesforce in connection with its work with former President Donald Trump's 2020 reelection campaign to determine if Trump's fund-raising emails encouraged the violence of the mob that tried to prevent confirmation of Joe Biden as the duly-elected president, according to the "Washington Post", which described the judge's ruling as a "thorough victory" for the January 6 committee.

• Wow
Reactions: Fenixgoon

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Shame it’ll all get shut down in January to be replaced by an investigation into Hunter Biden’s laptop.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Shame it’ll all get shut down in January to be replaced by an investigation into Hunter Biden’s laptop.
While I think there would be benefit in keeping the committee going their plan is to have their hearings and report finished well before the election so there won't be that much to shut down.

Yes though, we will be getting about seven Hunter Biden Commissions. After all, if January 2017-January 2021 taught us anything it's that Republicans are deeply committed to investigating corruption in the executive branch.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
While I think there would be benefit in keeping the committee going their plan is to have their hearings and report finished well before the election so there won't be that much to shut down.

Yes though, we will be getting about seven Hunter Biden Commissions. After all, if January 2017-January 2021 taught us anything it's that Republicans are deeply committed to investigating corruption in the executive branch.
Shame is that the report will definitely show illegal actions but the wheels of justice turn too slowly to allow any actions to be taken before the midterms. The other problem is the public hearings won’t sway enough people.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Shame is that the report will definitely show illegal actions but the wheels of justice turn too slowly to allow any actions to be taken before the midterms. The other problem is the public hearings won’t sway enough people.
I generally agree, although I expect them to refer multiple people to the DOJ for criminal prosecution. Hopefully the DOJ acts on it.

Reactions: hal2kilo

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I generally agree, although I expect them to refer multiple people to the DOJ for criminal prosecution. Hopefully the DOJ acts on it.
They will try I believe, but they’ll be pardoned by the republican President in 2024.