House Passes 1/6 Commission

Page 95 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
Add Mnuchin to the list
Good haul his ass in. Keep it private if needed. This is one soft motherfucker. He won’t do anything that allows his pampered ass to go to jail.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Good haul his ass in. Keep it private if needed. This is one soft motherfucker. He won’t do anything that allows his pampered ass to go to jail.
Now Pompeo too

Committee is working overtime!

Reactions: Roger Wilco

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Now Pompeo too

Committee is working overtime!
I wouldn't expect anything useful from that tool.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well well, more missing text messages from around the same time period and similar circumstances as the SS. Butter emails!!

Reactions: cytg111

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I wouldn't expect anything useful from that tool.
Now that all these subpoena-avoiding top cabinet officials seem all-too-happy to go speak with the committee in recent days, it's looking like they are being approached with pretty solid evidence of the crimes that they well know they have committed, and have far too few options to address their known treason, now, before the very real consequences of their very real actions come to them.

This is getting interesting.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Now that all these subpoena-avoiding top cabinet officials seem all-too-happy to go speak with the committee in recent days, it's looking like they are being approached with pretty solid evidence of the crimes that they well know they have committed, and have far too few options to address their known treason, now, before the very real consequences of their very real actions come to them.

This is getting interesting.
But accountability is for thee, not for me!!

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
On a side note, one ratfucker who ratted on his friends to the DOJ is now upset that his ratfucking has been made public. Let's see how well "FYGM" works when used against the MAGA J6 crowd. Gotta luv how he's all "pay no attention to my squealing, blame the DOJ and liberal media for revealing me!"

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Jesus Christ
Just saying.

Any custodian of a public record who “willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys (any record) shall be fined not more than $2,000 or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.”

Feb 4, 2009
More “lost” text messages.
Whomever carried out the deletion should be prosecuted. This is a clear violation of retention standards.
I don’t care if your boss told you to do it, you know it shouldn’t be done and worse said nothing about doing it.
I believe this can carry jail time which as of now I am all for.

Reactions: dank69

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Holy fucking shit…. Is this…. Is this….. Is this this “deep state” I’ve heard so much about?

Its already been posted here but Seth does a nice summary

Trump is entirely too stupid to orchestrate all this on his own… Who is the fucking puppet master?
I'm sure there were very computer and device literate people in the Trump Administration. We know already that he frequently tore up documents that are required to be kept under federal doc retention law.

Odds are this will never be traced back to who actually ordered it. I'd be satisfied with a couple of three year sentences to the IT people that carried out the orders. Otherwise these laws will just be willfully ignored.

akenbennu

Jul 24, 2005
I'm sure there were very computer and device literate people in the Trump Administration. We know already that he frequently tore up documents that are required to be kept under federal doc retention law.

Odds are this will never be traced back to who actually ordered it. I'd be satisfied with a couple of three year sentences to the IT people that carried out the orders. Otherwise these laws will just be willfully ignored.
As someone who works in IT for a government contractor, I can tell you we get orders from legal all the time that says a particular hard drive or phone may contain sensitive information and to retain the data.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
'wiped the phone' means just that, wiped the phone. Unless the texting system used retains backups elsewhere, or if it's emails that retain backups on an email server or whatever, it's just gone.
Wiping a phone is not something that can happen by accident. You have to execute the wipe and before it runs it asks you to confirm. That is intentional.

Every person with a wiped phone needs to be charged, fined and jailed.

If anyone is claiming it was an accident let them
prove it in court

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Wiping a phone is not something that can happen by accident. You have to execute the wipe and before it runs it asks you to confirm. That is intentional.

Every person with a wiped phone need to be charged, fined and jailed
Phones were returned intact when they left. So even though these orange monkey butt kissers should be prosecuted for other things, they weren’t responsible for intentionally wiping the phones.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Phones were returned intact when they left. So even though these orange monkey butt kissers should be prosecuted for other things, they weren’t responsible for intentionally wiping the phones.
If they handed the phone to someone which I would think happened, then that person is responsible. Subpoena them. If they gave the phone to someone else subpoena that person until the trial stops.

Shouldn’t be that difficult

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

Every person with a wiped phone needs to be charged, fined and jailed.

If anyone is claiming it was an accident let them
prove it in court
Huh? Of course not, these would be turned over to an IT person who would wipe phones as a matter of course unless they were told otherwise. Possible stuff inside the pentagon/WH works differently than the rest of the military but I kinda doubt it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY