House Judiciary Launches Investigation into Trump

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
This seems like a very exclusive list of people. I wonder if Ivanka is feeling left out? She seems to want to be involved in everything that her Sugar, I mean Daddy is.

Good on the Democrats for starting this, it's long overdue. After years of BENGHAZI! and emails, getting our teeth in to some real criminals will feel real good.

ETA:
That's how the Trumps have rolled since forever.

Holy shit, that is one deep swamp that Pumpkin Pinochet dwells in! Drain that fucker and expose the creatures that have been living in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
This seems like a very exclusive list of people. I wonder if Ivanka is feeling left out? She seems to want to be involved in everything that her Sugar, I mean Daddy is.

Good on the Democrats for starting this, it's long overdue. After years of BENGHAZI! and emails, getting our teeth in to some real criminals will feel real good.

ETA:

Holy shit, that is one deep swamp that Pumpkin Pinochet dwells in! Drain that fucker and expose the creatures that have been living in it.

The Kushners aren't much better.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Well, Christmas isn't for nine months yet.
I guess house democrats want their Christmas a little early this year.
And thats quite a Christmas wish list democrats have there.
So now its all up to Santa Clause, I guess. HO HO HO
Will Santa deliver?
Is Santa even a democrat?
Or... will house democrats end up with a sock full of coal?

One thing is for sure, just image the absolute uncontrollable anger Donald Trump will feel when HIS FAMILY MEMBER(s) are called up to testify?
That will piss Donald off to no end, and Donald will be absolutely fuming.

Is there a way, some way, some sleazy "tactic" Trump can use to shield his immediate family from testifying? Or something republicans in the house can do?
Some weird legal challenge hidden away on the books that no one has ever used?
Some magic trick republicans can pull out of the hat to stop Trump's family members from testifying?
I BET THERE IS.
And I bet Donald Trump with assistance from house and senate republicans can find some legal loophole to take advantage of.
Some weird long forgotten law or legal challenge they can dig up to stop house democrats cold in their tracks.

Time to write those letters to Santa.
He just needs to use the Art of the Deal:

Drop the investigation now without charges and, in exchange, all Republican Senators plus Pence and I will resign.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Apparently this is all stuff that has already been furnished to SDNY, Mueller probe, etc., so there should not be an evidentiary objections and responses should be swift. Now the evidence will be public. They will follow up with further requests, subpeonas as necessary. Basic focus is Trump's abuse of the rule of law, basically laying a groundwork for impeachment.

Nice to see at least one senior Dem leader is taking this seriously and working on it.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Cohen would 100% redeem himself imo if after receiving a pardon he sits before Congress and itemizes every single deed the pardon was for.
only problem is he is not seeking one and has said that he would refuse it if offered, tho I have to admit that if he would get one and did like you said it would be the icing on the cake.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Cohen would 100% redeem himself imo if after receiving a pardon he sits before Congress and itemizes every single deed the pardon was for.

Pizza the Trump would never pardon a dude convicted of lying in defense of the Trump (and did a great job!), but then turned around and (somehow) managed to lie again by claiming the exact opposite things (bad guy!) as before

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Well, Christmas isn't for nine months yet.

...Is there a way, some way, some sleazy "tactic" Trump can use to shield his immediate family from testifying? Or something republicans in the house can do?
Some weird legal challenge hidden away on the books that no one has ever used?
Some magic trick republicans can pull out of the hat to stop Trump's family members from testifying?
I BET THERE IS.
And I bet Donald Trump with assistance from house and senate republicans can find some legal loophole to take advantage of.
Some weird long forgotten law or legal challenge they can dig up to stop house democrats cold in their tracks.

Time to write those letters to Santa.

I think they have some distraction teed up already. Remember last week when Putin referenced another Cuban Missile Crisis? Perhaps it is in preparation for some sham event with Russia once things get a little too close for Trump. Expect some big news to start circulating about the investigation and then, BAM!, Russia will do something that is so egregious that Trump responds and all attention is ripped away from the investigations to focus on the event. It will need to be big, like more than Crimea big.

Go watch Wag The Dog. And read about the Bill/Monica Missile strike coincidence. Not to minimize it, but that was just about some individuals and harassment. Now, we are talking about taking out the administration and supporting cast of GOP characters potentially. Expect some bigly events.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
We may be going RICO. Daniel Goldman has been hired by the House. If you don't know that name, he spent ten years or so destroying the Russian mob and organized crime. If there was a list of the worst nightmares Trump and his own could face this guy is one of the top three, and considering he won't be working under Trump in any way perhaps he's #1

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Apparently this is all stuff that has already been furnished to SDNY, Mueller probe, etc., so there should not be an evidentiary objections and responses should be swift. Now the evidence will be public. They will follow up with further requests, subpeonas as necessary. Basic focus is Trump's abuse of the rule of law, basically laying a groundwork for impeachment.

Nice to see at least one senior Dem leader is taking this seriously and working on it.
You mean this is going to be like a real Benghazi investigation with hard evidence and facts instead of a fake Benghazi political grandstanding investigation that never found any hard evidence of any misdoing?