House hiring forensic accountants and investigators to examine Trump finances. We're going to get a return on our voting investment.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 16, 2005
Any attorney who allowed Trump to testify under oath would be incompetent. That may ultimately be his last line of defense if he does- incompetent lawyers. "They knew I lie about everything but let me testify anyway." His base would love it.
He'll be fine, he's got a long history of hiring the best lawyers.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
In complete honesty as someone that didn't vote for Trump and doesn't care for Trump.....

I can pretty much guarantee you won't find anything sustainable or useful in any investigation of his taxes. You will find just as much Russia influence as you do Saudi, etc... Overall will amount to a nothingburger.

As someone who doesn't care you sure carry a ton of water.

Reactions: Engineer
Jul 9, 2009
I'm glad to see that you think you bought the best House that your money could buy. I'll wait and see if you got a good deal on a high mileage, hard used and no maintenance House.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Everyone who has claimed "nothingburger" up to this point has been proven completely wrong.

The common factor is these people also seem to be in some form of denial even after the evidence is made public.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
In complete honesty as someone that didn't vote for Trump and doesn't care for Trump.....

I can pretty much guarantee you won't find anything sustainable or useful in any investigation of his taxes. You will find just as much Russia influence as you do Saudi, etc... Overall will amount to a nothingburger.

That seems highly unlikely to me. What makes you say that?

If you mean you won’t see Vladimir Putin Inc. giving him money sure, but that’s why you hire forensic accountants. You will see shell company XYZ that leads to shell company ABC, etc.

No joke I would be a LOT of money that in the end there are legions or felonies uncovered. Probably in the multiple dozens.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Still waiting on that Indictment thread from 2 years ago?

I'm always a half glass empty person, so I'll just say - quit getting your hopes up.

Just like this last election cycle, that was a pitiful performance for a party that supposedly had a lot of momentum.

EDIT: In the end though - as much as I expect the worse, I honestly hope for the best. I truly do hope you find something so damning that he can be impeached. However, my pessimism always suspects otherwise. Time will tell.

This election cycle had the largest popular vote against an incumbent since Watergate. That seems pretty okay to me.

Reactions: esquared

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
This election cycle had the largest popular vote against an incumbent since Watergate. That seems pretty okay to me.

I heard that it was the most flipped seats by democrats during midterms in over four decades and that was when the flip count was at 32.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Still waiting on that Indictment thread from 2 years ago?

I'm always a half glass empty person, so I'll just say - quit getting your hopes up.

Just like this last election cycle, that was a pitiful performance for a party that supposedly had a lot of momentum.

EDIT: In the end though - as much as I expect the worse, I honestly hope for the best. I truly do hope you find something so damning that he can be impeached. However, my pessimism always suspects otherwise. Time will tell.

Wanna make a sig bet about this? I'm not sure he will be impeached/removed based on these findings or any other, but it seems clear to me that that has everything to do with politics and nothing to do with the law. If they look, they'll find dirt guaranteed. If dirt is found from his taxes or directly stemming from the investigation into his taxes resulting in impeachment papers (not necessarily success), I win. If the investigation finishes without that, you win. If impeachment papers or 25th amendment removal or criminal charges, etc., happen for unrelated reasons rendering this investigation moot, it's a draw. Fair terms?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

You can't "guarantee" jack-shit, simply because you don't have any knowledge of the evidence being investigated.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I'm actually touching myself right now.
This is so hot.

It's not even Black Friday and Christmas is already here!

disco-dancing-santa.gif