House GOP committee hatchces secret plot to criminalize the FBI and DOJ trying to stop Russia probe

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The committee which is supposed to be investigating the Russian connection to the Trump campaign has taken resources for this investigation, met in secret for weeks without informing Democrats in an effort to take out the FBI and DOJ. Republicans want to label them with a criminal conspiracy giving Trump an excuse to fire Mueller.

I think this explains Sen. Warner's dire warning on the floor of the Senate this afternoon.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/20/house-republicans-quietly-investigate-doj-fbi-310121

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Traitors are going to do what what traitors do. I'm sure the righties on this forum will come to their aid when the time is right.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
GOP picking a war with the FBI over Trump is something I can only encourage, as someone who wants to see the Republican party destroyed, so that America can survive.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Let me understand this...

White guys criticizing law enforcement doing their job investigating Russian election interference.....good
Black guys criticizing law enforcement over unequal treatment of minorities...bad???
Its way past 1984. Doublespeak much. Let's re-write history.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I expect nothing less from Treytor Gowdy and Co. Worthless, party-before-country donors' bitches, the pox on all of them.

Bob Meuller leaves more integrity in his hair brush every morning than these silly bastards have combined. I can't wait for this government to get a much needed enema. I yearn for the days where blowjobs from consenting adults was what drove the froth. All this blatant obstruction of justice by Vlad's money launderer now mixed with Benghazi Fever, ugh. Watching republicans predictably eat their own used to be amusing, now it's almost gag worthy.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I expect nothing less from Treytor Gowdy and Co. Worthless party-before-country donor bitches, the pox on all of them.

Bob Meuller leaves more integrity in his hair brush every morning than these silly bastards have combined. I can't wait for this government to get a much needed enema.

Gowdy seems to be keeping his distance from this. Remember when Nunes was forced to recuse himself? Well, not really. He's Trump's shameless point man in Congress on the Russia investigation.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
it makes me sad that republicans are not just willing, but almost glad, to decimate the foundations and institutions of the country, and to completely discard any sense of rationality.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
PSA for Republican wannabe fascists: if you don't have the consent of the governed, you probably don't want to start a war on the security apparatus.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
it makes me sad that republicans are not just willing, but almost glad, to decimate the foundations and institutions of the country, and to completely discard any sense of rationality.
Basically republicans are proven they are what every sane person knew they were.

I just can't believe their are going after their own boys. I mean the FBI and CIA definitely used to be the republican's heart throb. And the FBI even delivered the election to them.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Basically republicans are proven they are what every sane person knew they were.

I just can't believe their are going after their own boys. I mean the FBI and CIA definitely used to be the republican's heart throb. And the FBI even delivered the election to them.

You gotta hit rock bottom before you can clean yourself up. They just aren’t there yet.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
You gotta hit rock bottom before you can clean yourself up. They just aren’t there yet.

The way Trump and his Repub Congressional collaborators have been ransacking the nation, I don't think there's a bottom to speak of because it really looks like they will say anything, do anything screw over anybody anywhere any time to make their big daddy donors happy.

These Congressional scumbags have already proven that with that tax cut scam of theirs and to add insult to injury they all gathered up with Trump and celebrated their crime of the century for all the world to gasp at. That group assembly they posed for really looked like the Mob Bosses from across America gathered all up to further discuss how they were going to divvy up their spoils and then plot anew how they're going to grab everything else they can before anybody else gets a chance.

Real souless bloodsuckers the lot of them.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Isnt that some level of illegal?
One could call such a smear campaign obstruction of justice?
Maybe they could all be shot for treason? When does the military step in?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It will be both funny and enraging when the next crop of Republicans starts talking about how the party ‘lost its way’ from 2016-2020.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
It will be both funny and enraging when the next crop of Republicans starts talking about how the party ‘lost its way’ from 2016-2020.

Not going to fly. Millennials are going to take over as the largest voting block, and they pretty much hate Republicans. Political views are much less likely to change after someone turns 30.
Meanwhile, the Republican primary voter is still going to be old cranky white guys, and the donor base is still going to be anti-regulation trickle-down peddlers. Both are out of step with where the country is going.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Not going to fly. Millennials are going to take over as the largest voting block, and they pretty much hate Republicans. Political views are much less likely to change after someone turns 30.
Meanwhile, the Republican primary voter is still going to be old cranky white guys, and the donor base is still going to be anti-regulation trickle-down peddlers. Both are out of step with where the country is going.

America need taxbreaks on saturated fat fast foods, carbonated soft drinks and tobacco to make smoking great again.. lemme think, what else kills old cranky white guys.. Yea and taxbreaks on Jim Beam and Jack-D and beer.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
America need taxbreaks on saturated fat fast foods, carbonated soft drinks and tobacco to make smoking great again.. lemme think, what else kills old cranky white guys.. Yea and taxbreaks on Jim Beam and Jack-D and beer.
Throw in a pack of slim jims.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

Which is why corporations are throwing money around like drunken sailors on leave at any Democratic candidate who will take it. They are ahead of you. They need only corrupt a minority of Democrats to remove the voice of the people.

Our Supreme Court has decided that it is perfectly valid for corporations to buy elections to ensure that their agenda gets through. There is no law whatsoever preventing corporations from purchasing BOTH the Republican and Democratic candidate. All it takes is money..... it is by far the number one factor in determining who will win an election.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/14/13535716/democrats-hillary-clinton-corruption

http://www.scholarsstrategynetwork.org/how-money-corrupts-american-politics

http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=4060