• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Hotwire Savings Club

Panakk

Jan 17, 2000
Hope this is not a repost but has anyone tried this out.

Hotwire Savings

It gives you a free one month trial and then recurring monthly charges are $7.95. I signed up for it. I get 20% discount for a lot of popular stores gift certificate..

List includes:

Target
Circuit City
Outback Steakhouse
Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Blockbuster

This is a pretty decent deal IMHO.. What do you think. Am i missing something?

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Administrator
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Should be posted in hot deals...

Here's the gimmick: To save the 20%, you have to buy the gift certificates from them. You're allowed a total of $200 worth for any of those places. Thus, the maximum you could save is $40 at any one business. Yearly cost is approximately $100. JUST TO BREAK EVEN, you'd have to spend at least $500 at those businesses. (but no more than 200 at any one business). You also have to get the gift certificates in advance (i.e. if you see a sale for something that starts tomorrow, it's probably too late to also save the 20%, because you have to order the G.C.'s)

I was in it for 1 month before I ditched it... I'm sure it's a good deal for some people who spend a lot of time at enough of those businesses, but personally, among those listed in your post, there's no way I spend a total of $500 (excluding anything above 200 at any of them)

ASK THE COMMUNITY