Hotspot, Gaming Labtop.

roadkill0000

Nov 9, 2015
Hey all. I was thinking of getting a gaming labtop for when im on the road and at work and only have my 4G and 5G connection...

Games I want to play:
-Overwatch ( I play on low quality settings for fastest fps, for training purposes mostly)
-Aim hero (offline) - for aim practice
-Company of Heroes 2
-Squad, ( on occasion, i know this game is graphics heavy so this game isn't my focus for this labtop)

Speed:
In my current work office I get 40 - 55 MBPS download, and 9 Mbpd upload, around 20 ping. Is this good enough for Hotspot use with my phone?

In overwatch I really want to practice my aim in a quick play game, and then play ranked at home when I have my full PC setup with fios internet, etc.

I want to use 1920x1080 Resolution,

(same as my PC at home, I also have a Asus monitor at home, a very popular model from 5 years ago.. idk the size of it off the top of my head, but I would like something with similar dimensions so I can transfer my skills over the easiest. Ill also be carrying identical mouse and mouse pad with me.

How viable is this?
Are those speeds good enough for what I'm playing and doing?
How much would this cost? 600$ range? Or $1500? Lol im clueless...

Thanks

Last edited:

damian101

Aug 11, 2020
I don't think you need a very powerful laptop for those games. You still need a dedicated GPU though.
I would suggest going with a Ryzen 4000 laptop with 120+ Hz adaptive sync panel and an Nvidia 1660 Ti or better. Such a laptop would cost you not much over $1000 afaik.

Reactions: roadkill0000