hotmail, msn and facebook security problem

pailhead011

May 2, 2011
Hi, I'm not really sure if this is the right place on the forum or even if it's the right forum to post in, but it's the first thing that popped in mind when i thought of world wide computer forum.

About a month ago I've lost access simultaneously to facebook, hotmail, and msn. The only thing i can pinpoint that would coincide with this would be installing trillian on my laptop. Anyway, i've used both facebook and msn one night, only to find myself locked out in the morning. Facebook was the only one that reported that i'm trying to use an old password and that it was changed recently (when i was asleep). I was however, able to recover it by providing a scan of a government issued id and help with 3 fb friends. I was also able to change the email.

However, hotmail and msn are a different story. I opened my hotmail account back in 2000 or so (maybe even earlier). I was around 15 at the time anyway. At one point, hotmail deleted all my email, and i am a nut for archiving things, as i keep all my icq and mirc conversations from the past decade and a half. I never look at them, but i just keep them. I flipped and stopped using hotmail after this. Msn was however registered to my hotmail address, as well as some forums perhaps, so i decided to keep it and use it only for that reason.

Chances are, that all my forum activity online is linked to this address. This being said, i havent used hotmail for correspondence for years. MSN however i use on a daily basis. I can't answer the security question, which might also be due to the language barrier because my favorite historical person at the time might have been someone national, and who knows how i spelled that.

The other options hotmail is offering are sent email subjects, which happened last time probably in 2002 or so. Hotmail contacts, again the same, i don't remember. On the other hand, i have handy last few years of msn history. I know for a fact that my inbox is filled with thousands of facebook notifications linked to my account.

If you do a google search of the hotmail address only forums pop up where i state skype and icq along with msn both of which i have control. Here is the thread in which i was able to write publicly and you can see how their tech responds:

https://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=ef7997c9-fa75-4398-bee7-119a3452d73a

I am pretty desperate, as some people i have only there and i want to get back in touch with. I don't really understand how it came to be that all of that login data got combined into one. And i understand even less how can they ask for just the email info, when recovering login that i mainly use for the messenger. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Huh, what happened to paragraphs?

It looks like you copied and pasted your text from the same post you posted elsewhere. You can go back and edit your first post to add carriage returns (Enter key), which will make your text far more readable. :)

pailhead011

May 2, 2011
I tried editing it before i even posted the other post but it didn't work.

*edit*

I think it has something to do with firefox and no script, now it works.