Hotline showing Obama up 4 nationally, Palin's favoriability ratings dropping

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
RCP's electoral vote counter just made a huge jump for Obama today; the daily averages have shrunk by a point for the candidates. This thing is sliding towards Obama every day that the economy is front page news.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton
RCP's electoral vote counter just made a huge jump for Obama today; the daily averages have shrunk by a point for the candidates. This thing is sliding towards Obama every day that the economy is front page news.

you'd think he'd been the dominant front-runner since February or something :thumbsup:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: lupi
Originally posted by: loki8481

the fundamentals of our economy ARE strong :roll:

It only works if they keep saying it fast as if it's the truth and they believe it. I believe last thread they went this way I asked him to point out what are the faults of the economies foundation; don't recall any replies, shocking I tell ya.

Are you daft women? The U.S. has become a primarily service economy, our deficits are funded by foreign capital, the dollar is anemic, job losses are rising, production is falling, and the state of education is such that the U.S. won't remain competitive in the long run especially since international talent is flocking to places like FUCKIN RUSSIA!

I repeat, ARE YOU DAFT!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Stoneburner

It only works if they keep saying it fast as if it's the truth and they believe it. I believe last thread they went this way I asked him to point out what are the faults of the economies foundation; don't recall any replies, shocking I tell ya.

Are you daft women?!
Wait a second, Lugi's a woman?

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

Yeah, like, we're still using paper currency! No barter system goin on here, no sir!

When directly asked what fundamentals he was talking about, McCain cited "workers and their productivity." Hez so smrt abowt teh ekonimy.

And it looks like the post convention bump is over and the dirty campaigning is catching up to McCain's numbers.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: jonks

Yeah, like, we're still using paper currency! No barter system goin on here, no sir!

exactly :)

for the fundamentals of our economy to be weak, I'd think of the US on the verge of collapse into waring nation-states as commerce grinds to a halt.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: jonks

exactly :)

for the fundamentals of our economy to be weak, I'd think of the US on the verge of collapse into waring nation-states as commerce grinds to a halt.

No, that's when the fundamental's collapse. The fundamentals are weak when we are close to the situation you describe.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
25 state polling from Lifted...er.. American Research Group!

http://americanresearchgroup.com/

the important ones:

1. Colorado, second poll showing a mccain lead. BAD FOR OBAMA. it's close but obama could really use it
2. New Mexico - showing a substantial obama lead. This seems more correct than a poll showing obama behind a few points. I think NM will stay in the Obama Camp which makes COLORADO all important
3. Ohio - this seems to be moving way out of Obama's reach.
4 WV and MO - shockingly close ... but i don't see either switching. MO maybe if there's a massive registration change.

As I thought, NM and Iowa are pretty much in the obama camp. He's losing FL and OH for now and he needs to get traction there QUICKLY. I mean like yesterday. He doesnt need either but it couldn't hurt. VA seems to be turning toward him with a PPP poll also showing a lead. THat could replace Colorado BUT he could use as many competitive states as possible.

Need more polling on MI, WI, MN, and PA to see how badly obama could use a competive florida and ohio.

I also would like to see if obama's registration numbers in MO are worth anything. Again, I dont see it switching BUT if mccain drops the ball there on GOTV then obama may be able to pull a surprise.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001

Are you daft women? The U.S. has become a primarily service economy, our deficits are funded by foreign capital, the dollar is anemic, job losses are rising, production is falling, and the state of education is such that the U.S. won't remain competitive in the long run especially since international talent is flocking to places like FUCKIN RUSSIA!

I repeat, ARE YOU DAFT!

Reduce taxes for industry and you'd see a growth in that sector, productivity has continued to rise, and I laugh as you even mention education while supporting a leftist democrat.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003

I repeat, ARE YOU DAFT!

Reduce taxes for industry and you'd see a growth in that sector, productivity has continued to rise, and I laugh as you even mention education while supporting a leftist democrat.

Thank you child. I suspected you don't know much but like to bark anyway but you just confirmed it. I'll PM you a recommended reading list on the status of american financial hegemony if you are interested :)

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001

Thank you child. I suspected you don't know much but like to bark anyway but you just confirmed it. I'll PM you a recommended reading list on the status of american financial hegemony if you are interested :)

Just keep it spinning hackster.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
The polls for today on RCP are swinging back towards Obama. National and states.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
It's all about media narrative. Obama was NEVER in bad shape but the media, and hackslike profjohn, insisted the world was ending. I just don't understand why they dont dig deeper into the facts. Obama weathered the palin/convention storm with his trademark business cool, waited for the opportunity, and started shifting the campaign slightly. He was gaining ground on mccain even before teh Lehman brother's fiasco.

But, like usual, the media will try to find some other reason to question Obama. Unfortunately, chickenshit democrats are too willing to oblige and start claiming the sky is falling.

This is a close race, all pres races these days are. But Obama has the upper hand.