Hotline showing Obama up 4 nationally, Palin's favoriability ratings dropping

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Xavier434
This doesn't surprise me at all. Palin was nothing more than a symbol until last week. She has now been reduced to nothing more than another candidate. Therefore, her weaknesses are now having an impact.

As it stands, Oprah won't even permit her on her show and pretty much every single women's TV network hates her. That's just the tip of the iceberg too. I realize that some people might think that such things are petty and meaningless, but I wouldn't under estimate how powerful of an influence those shows and networks can be for a lot of women.

The media has been at the edge of their seats waiting for this to happen. They saw it coming. Now they are pouncing with ratings and dollar signs in their eyes.

Oprah wont let her on her show because she said once the campaigning started she wasnt going to be a platform for either candidates. She is sticking to her guns and good for her.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: Xavier434
This doesn't surprise me at all. Palin was nothing more than a symbol until last week. She has now been reduced to nothing more than another candidate. Therefore, her weaknesses are now having an impact.

As it stands, Oprah won't even permit her on her show and pretty much every single women's TV network hates her. That's just the tip of the iceberg too. I realize that some people might think that such things are petty and meaningless, but I wouldn't under estimate how powerful of an influence those shows and networks can be for a lot of women.

The media has been at the edge of their seats waiting for this to happen. They saw it coming. Now they are pouncing with ratings and dollar signs in their eyes.

Oprah wont let her on her show because she said once the campaigning started she wasnt going to be a platform for either candidates. She is sticking to her guns and good for her.

Ya, I don't doubt it. The timing is really convenient for the Dems though. The Palin changes, the focus being back on econ, the type of aggression we are seeing from the Dems that is right up Biden's alley, etc. It is all happening right before the debates.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
What is? I am only commenting on Oprah. She didnt have Obama on after he announced he was running for president.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
What is? I am only commenting on Oprah. She didnt have Obama on after he announced he was running for president.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. I thought I answered your question in my last post.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: andy04
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
I guess people are starting to realize what a complete moron she really is. Maybe there is hope?

people are always stupid thats the reason we have two completely worthless piece of shits running for president... only reason BHO is getting votes is that he's black and ppl feel sorry that theirs neighbor?s ancestors captures slaves from the neighboring counties of where his dad lived.
I have heard this from soooo many ppl, they say if he does not get elected it will prove that we are racist ppl, they will be a big rift in the society? and more bullshit twisted logics like that.

Quoted for idiocy.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: JS80
The media attack on her has changed some people's minds but not enough.

Yeah, the evil media attacked her with journalism and questions and.... omz, the truths!

Those bastardz!

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
Originally posted by: JS80
The media attack on her has changed some people's minds but not enough.

Yeah, the evil media attacked her with journalism and questions and.... omz, the truths!

Those bastardz!

MY favorite is todays news about her not going to cooperate becasue the invetigators are Obama supporters...

Whether the investigators are reps or dems you shouldnt be afraid of the truth unless you have something to hide. If they did twist something and make it sound worse than it is, she could just cry politics... But to not cooperate? I smell a rat in there.

tfcmasta97

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2004
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
I guess people are starting to realize what a complete moron she really is. Maybe there is hope?

people are always stupid thats the reason we have two completely worthless piece of shits running for president... only reason BHO is getting votes is that he's black and ppl feel sorry that theirs neighbor?s ancestors captures slaves from the neighboring counties of where his dad lived.
I have heard this from soooo many ppl, they say if he does not get elected it will prove that we are racist ppl, they will be a big rift in the society? and more bullshit twisted logics like that.

Good ol republican logic.
"Everyone's stupid so i'll just fire off as a retard and my justification of my reasoning is because I dont have twisted logics"

How do you manage to go through the day without suffering pain in that empty head

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Domestic/economic crises always play to Dems in elections, just like foreign/military crises always play to Pubs. That's just how it is.

McCain shot his wad with Palin and the RNC (no pun intended, seriously), he played that for even more than it was worth, and now that's slipping while he's got literally nothing on the economic front.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Gallup now has them both tied.

The trend is interesting. McCain had a big lead post convention and it has slowly went away by almost a point a day.
Will be interesting to see if this continues or if it levels off.

Outside of his convention Obama has never had more than a 2-3 point lead in recent memory. So if he exceeds that lead then McCain could be in trouble.

In the end it comes down to the debate AND what, if any, effect the attacks on Obama have on voters. I don't think there is anything the Democrats have that can compare to Rev Wright. So once we see ads with him on a daily basis it will be interesting to watch and see if that changes any votes.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
. . . only reason BHO is getting votes is that he's black and ppl feel sorry that theirs neighbor?s ancestors captures slaves from the neighboring counties of where his dad lived.

Such an ignorant statement. You probably believe it, too. What an ugly little island of ignorance and stupidity you have exiled yourself to!

YOU are the pinhead demographic McCain's lying ads pander to.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Gallup now has them both tied.

The trend is interesting. McCain had a big lead post convention and it has slowly went away by almost a point a day.
Will be interesting to see if this continues or if it levels off.

Outside of his convention Obama has never had more than a 2-3 point lead in recent memory. So if he exceeds that lead then McCain could be in trouble.

In the end it comes down to the debate AND what, if any, effect the attacks on Obama have on voters. I don't think there is anything the Democrats have that can compare to Rev Wright. So once we see ads with him on a daily basis it will be interesting to watch and see if that changes any votes.

Why do you make declaratives without support? Obama was up 8 or so immediately after his eurotrip.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Buck Armstrong
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: loki8481
are we going to get one of these any time there's a new poll out? heh.

This just in: a new poll shows that nearly 100% of polls get their own thread on Anandtech P&N. More at 11:00.

you should create a thread for that :)

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Stone, look at this LONG list.
link

Starting near the end of July Obama and McCain have been within 3-4 points of each other on a consistent basis. The last time Obama had a big lead was the end of July.

Therefore, if Obama gets a lead beyond 3-4 points it would be a sign that he has changed the narrative of the election.

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Just read the internals of the Hotline poll-- 40% Democrat, 29% Republican, and 31% independent. That'll explain the drop in favorability rating right there-- Democrats are more inclined to hate her, Republicans still love her, and independents are probably scratching their heads over the whole thing.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Stone, look at this LONG list.
link

Starting near the end of July Obama and McCain have been within 3-4 points of each other on a consistent basis. The last time Obama had a big lead was the end of July.

Therefore, if Obama gets a lead beyond 3-4 points it would be a sign that he has changed the narrative of the election.

I doubt he's changed the narrative. I think the wall street banking crisis will drive up his numbers if anything.

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
Originally posted by: Specop 007
To use the very, very old saying...

"It aint over till its over."

I'm not even going to try to predict whos going to win this one!

This is going to be a nail biter to the end.

Agreed.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
The rasmussan electoral map is interesting. Even with all the doom and gloom are friends here are talking about, they've move several states from a weak GOP hold to more likely GOP and a couple toss ups to slight GOP edge.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I thought polls didn't really matter, and that they weren't a good indication of anything.

Oh wait, that was last week, when McCain was ahead. Now that Obama is ahead, he should be automatically anointed president based on these polls. After all, they're an accurate reflection of the wishes of the American people!

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
I would wait until the end of this week/early next week to get a good idea of where we stand post RNC. I predict this week will be very bad for McCain and coming into the 1st debate we'll either have both candidates tied or Barack slightly ahead.