Hotdogs Wrapped in Salami

Jun 4, 2005
Seriously. Wrap a hotdog in salami and stick it in the microwave for 50 seconds and then put mustard on it. Mm...

However, I think I just ate a moldy hotdog bun. FTL.

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
Sounds like the salami is adding the real taste that todays hotdogs are lacking.
I'll have to try this the next time I run out of Nathans Hot Dogs!

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
hot dog + bacon is my personal preference. not a big fan of salami.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Aflac

Yes, this is excellent - Wrap a slice of bacon around a hot dog and hold the ends on with toothpicks, fry that guy up in a pan. Place in bun, add cheddar cheese. mmmmmmm.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Meh, wrap scallops in bacon and bake and we'll talk. Hot dogs come from all of the left over scraps from other cuts of meat.

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Originally posted by: PottedMeat

Yes, this is excellent - Wrap a slice of bacon around a hot dog and hold the ends on with toothpicks, fry that guy up in a pan. Place in bun, add cheddar cheese. mmmmmmm.

Originally posted by: MasterAndCommander
Deep-fry it, and serve between a Krispy Kream doughnut, sliced in half.

Okay, okay, okay!! How's this......

Take a hotdog, wrap it in salami, then wind a piece of bacon around it, fry it in a pan with lard, along with the crispy creme doughnut, THEN pack some butter around it!

Cholesterol King, FTW!!! :laugh:

49erinnc

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2004
Originally posted by: PottedMeat

I do them similar to that. I slice a hot dog (lengthwise) but not all the way through. Stuff in some narrow strips of Mozarella cheese. Wrap a strip of bacon around the whole thing and hold in place with toothpicks. Drop in deep fryer for a few minutes or just until bacon is crispy. Put it on a bun with your favorite toppings and enjoy.

Note: Though incredibly tasty, each hot dog will likely remove a year from your life due to the poor nutritional content but soooooooo yummy!

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: DaiShan
Meh, wrap scallops in bacon and bake and we'll talk. Hot dogs come from all of the left over scraps from other cuts of meat.

I did some work at "an unnamed meat processing plant" once.
You don't want to know what they put in the Hot Dog/Bologna vat!

That's why I only eat Nathans, (or Fields, I've been in there also) now those are made from quality meats.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Wrap it in bacon, then fry it.

That works well with smoked sausage on the grill too. That's my own personal recipe :)

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Wrap it in bacon, then fry it.

That works well with smoked sausage on the grill too. That's my own personal recipe :)

I despise sausage, but I'll try bacon + hotdog because I :heart: bacon.