Hot tip for DSpy from malör !!!!!

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
"To check for incomplete files, preferably after hanging up press Alt-F while the DSpy window is the active window."

Use this to check for incomplete candidates that can cause D²OL to hang. :D

To see malör's answer to my original question, click here

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Originally posted by: soni
Where does I get DSpy from ,and does it run under Linux ??

Unfortunately DSpy doesn't I think, but DSpython does and it has the same functions, ie Clean and Verify Tasks.
Get it
here.
You need Python as well, but there is a link on the page for this.

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
This should bring a bit of stability to the D²OL client, so if you aren't running DSpy do it NOW! (shameless plug: he takes PayPal payments :D )
Makes you wonder, if malör can do this for an add-on, why the hell couldn't Sengent write it in to the actual program ?
Pity malör can't work on their servers if it's a software issue :D

soni

Diamond Member
May 29, 2000
Downloaded it, figured out how to install python, and changed the script to point to my D2OL installation :)

Now, how do I run the script ?? Cant just doubleclick on it, and cant find python in "open with" list :(

/edit - Never mind, found out you could make a search under "open with", and just choose python :D

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Originally posted by: soni
Downloaded it, figured out how to install python, and changed the script to point to my D2OL installation :)

Now, how do I run the script ?? Cant just doubleclick on it, and cant find python it "open with" list :(

Try this post here and see if it helps.
Edit: oops, didn't see your edit :)

soni

Diamond Member
May 29, 2000
Thanks andyjones :)

Now, after reading this thread you pointed my to, i see they are running d2ol in cli, how do i do that??

I have the "Drug Design Optimization Lab, Nod... " window open, and would love to get rid of it...

Also what should the speed be when running on a linux 1600+@1540MHz ??

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
There's a Read Me file in the installation directory that gives instructions. Give that a try.
As for the speed, I'm afraid I don't know that, I'm running Windows XP :)

soni

Diamond Member
May 29, 2000
Anyone that can confirm that the linux version is faster than the window version!

And if so, how much and in which mode does you have to run the linux version, light weight gui, cli, file ?

Slatzman

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2002
there are lots of people that can confirm that the Linux runs 30 to 50% faster.

Mastertech is running it on several Linux boxes and you can look here for more suggestions. linky

I will let someone else answer the how to run it.

Slatz

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
I just run the GUI version myself in Linux. It does very well for the slower processors like PIIIs

Baldy18

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
Wow I just eliminated two bad files from my fastest machine. That should save me from another 18 hours of down time like I just had.:disgust:

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Baldy18
Wow I just eliminated two bad files from my fastest machine. That should save me from another 18 hours of down time like I just had.:disgust:

Handy tip from malör, or what ??:D