Hot if you have a friend/relative who works for Ford?

seanbigdealer

Nov 11, 2003
Link to Story

Kinda hot as it might offer a better deal than GM Employee price for everyone, if you know someone. Anyone have idea on some cost differences from Retail/Invoice?

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..did they fix the cruise controll switches in them?? Numerous stories/links out here about fordFires.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Ford Motor (F) is offering employees and retirees up to $1,000 in cash to get friends, relatives and neighbors to buy vehicles with employee discounts.

All they have to do now is tell the person they're selling a car to is to act like a friend and they won't tell management :p

Maybe a trick so that they tell the customer there is no room to haggle in terms of price?

Greg04

Golden Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: IGBT
..did they fix the cruise controll switches in them?? Numerous stories/links out here about fordFires.

No. And the problem is creating an avalanche of financial/PR problems.

Granorense

Oct 20, 2001
My brother-in-law is an engineer at Ford...he is a member here also. He is flapjack, maybe he can hook us up!

digits

Nov 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Greg04
Originally posted by: IGBT

No. And the problem is creating an avalanche of financial/PR problems.

The Issue IS resolved. and the vehicle owners whom are effected were notified that replacement parts are in stock and will be installed free. just like any other recall. How do I know? my Truck was fixed late in may.

RideFree

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
For those that like Fords, this might be as hot as it gets, especially if you need a new car.

My mother-in-law is a Ford retiree and I'll bet that one of her grandkids will take advantage of this.
(All of my kids are Chevy fans - except for the one who hotrods an Eclipse. That thing is so fast it is scary!)

rancherlee

Jul 9, 2000
in the past year most fords are being sold at around what employee's pay (invoice) I get supplier pricing which is 2% over invoice (X-plan) and I can get most ford products for cheaper than X-plan just by bargining on the price, Remember this A-plan (employee) and X-plan (supplier) are FIXED prices, NO haggling!!!!............ and the GM "employee pricing sale" is a HUGE JOKE, you are actuall only saving a few hundred dollar and they MAKE YOU FEEL like you are saving SEVERAL THOUSAND.............

Morpheux

Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: rancherlee
and the GM "employee pricing sale" is a HUGE JOKE, you are actuall only saving a few hundred dollar and they MAKE YOU FEEL like you are saving SEVERAL THOUSAND.............
You might want to check your facts on that one. GMS, like A and X plans are also a set price. There is a set % off Base and % of Options.

Example....
'05 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
Total Vehicle Price: $31,505.00
GMS Price: $27,xxx.xx

This was just the one vehicle I was looking at last week.

RideFree

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Morpheux
Example....
'05 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
Total Vehicle Price: $31,505.00
GMS Price: $27,xxx.xx

This was just the one vehicle I was looking at last week.
This is a good place to start the dickering...you have to wear them down.

A year or so ago, when Chevy had their $5,000 promotions (1k Chev loyalty, 1k Olds loyalty, 3k factory rebate) I pitted two dealers against each other and after about a week's part-time work badgering the two dealers, I managed to get a new $34k (sticker) vehicle for $24,450 out-the-door. (I handled the tax and licensing separately.)

There is no reason not to take all of the dealer's profits along with delivery of the vehicle.
You will need to have the cash available so as to avoid the dealer's finance manager.
If necessary, arrange financing in advance through your own agent.

PS I talked to the salesman days later and he was pissed because they cut his commission to $50 with the explanation that it was a money losing deal for them.

Tangman

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2000
Friend of mine is looking to buy soon -- anyone here a Ford employee and can give her a referral/discount?

The buy will likely take place in the next two months. PM me if you can help out.

Antisocial Virge

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 1999
Nobody ever wins at a car dealership, its just limiting by how much you lose. Car dealerships never sell a car at a loss or lack of profit, they don't have to.

alien7

Jun 20, 2005
I may be able to help. ;)

PM me with your name, mailing address, and email address if you are interested.

Thanks.

ondarkness

Platinum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Antisocial Virge
Nobody ever wins at a car dealership, its just limiting by how much you lose. Car dealerships never sell a car at a loss or lack of profit, they don't have to.
:thumbsup:

Morpheux

Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: RideFree
Wish this was more of an option, but with GMS pricing, it states that Dealerships cannot deal any lower or give any other deals with GMS pricing. The only real dickering you can do is with Interest % and trade-in. Or buy used.....

alien7

Jun 20, 2005
yup just joined today because i am an employee and if this helps to sell cars then I'll gladly do it.

no need for paranoia.

I should have explained earlier.....i need the info to sign you into our system. at that point you can do all the research on our vehicles you want, find out pricing, etc. After you sign up, if you want to buy a vehicle, you can request a pin.

imported_KuJaX

Platinum Member
May 29, 2004
Sent my info... I'll bite and respond.

Sounds good, let us know how it goes

alien7 - Sorry if you are indeed trying to helpout. i'll edit my post once I hear back from Morpheux or anyone that contacts you about login information.

alien7

Jun 20, 2005
no prob dude
i didn't realize that i sounded like a stalker with my initial post, lol

Morpheux

Jun 5, 2000
Subject: ADV: An exclusive invitation from Michael Kan

Yep, it's legit. Thank you for your help in this.

Once you sign up, the info provided is like (For Mazda, you get S-Plan):
MSRP: $18,995
S-Plan Price: $17,523

The prices shown are EXAMPLES only. Actual prices will vary based on option content and can only be obtained through your local dealer.

But, it does allow you to get a PIN for a X-Plan Pricing at the dealerships.

RideFree

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: RideFree
Wish this was more of an option, but with GMS pricing, it states that Dealerships cannot deal any lower or give any other deals with GMS pricing. The only real dickering you can do is with Interest % and trade-in. Or buy used.....
Not quite the buyer's bonanza as advertised...not surprising. (note: This space reserved for "suction" emoticon.)

thedealmaker

Jul 10, 2003
Buying a Ford is like throwing money into the ocean unless you are buying the top model. Expect to spend a lot of money to fix it down the way. Only stupid people will buy Ford.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: thedealmaker
Buying a Ford is like throwing money into the ocean unless you are buying the top model. Expect to spend a lot of money to fix it down the way. Only stupid people will buy Ford.
heh. my Ford doesn't fit your bill of judgemental bs.

desk

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Granorense
My brother-in-law is an engineer at Ford...he is a member here also. He is flapjack, maybe he can hook us up!

what does he work on, maybe i know him? :)