Hot! Free 112k DUAL LINE SHOTGUN TECHNOLOGY Diamond Supra Modem after MIR

Forgiven

Oct 8, 2000
It is only hot if you have never owned one which I have...very quirky...very very legacy...get the zoom v92 from newegg for 26 delivered if you want a good and cheap modem.

RockOn123

Sep 23, 2001
I have two of them. They work well, once you get them going. The problem is that people sometimes install the drivers multiple times without knowing it. If you are having troubles, goto diamond's site and download their drivers. In the zip or exe file you will find a small program that will delete the multiple installs of the drivers. Then go to control panel and system delete the modem sometimes you must delete them as a multifunction device. Then reinstall. Works great when set up correctly.

Best of luck

DEFIANT1

May 12, 2001
hmmm....? Let me get this straight.... Pay for two phone lines, as well as two Dialup ISP connections so that you can have marginal up/download speed increase?:eek:

How is this a hot deal? ......Unless dialup is all that is available to ya, that is.

Don't take this as a thread-crap.....Just a critique on old tech. :p

Aug 15, 2001
RockOn123, what provider do you have? I've never been able to make them work, I mean it did show 100 kbs, but never actually reached that speed.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
hm, well some ppl only have this kinda tech avaliable, the only prob being that diaomond doesn't support their older stuff. i couldn't get it to work at all in windows XP, that is a major %#@ the shotgun tech software doesn't work in win2k, so say bye bye to auto voice line dropping and stuff. you use two lines, you block two lines completely. in win98 you gotta use a work around to get the shotgun soft to work.

Marm

Jan 4, 2001
I have two phone lines and two modems and in 2K or XP you can set it up to have the connection use both modems and it will bundle them together and everyting will just think that you have one fast connection. Works good for me.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
some ISP's will only charge you a small additional fee to use a second phone line for this type of technology....

I was able to get this to work in Win2k, but I haven't tried it in XP since I have cable now.....don't use Diamond's drivers, just do the configuration yourself...

Telemonius

Jul 5, 2001
Yeah, this modem does work in both xp and 2000. I dont know if they support the advanced features though. Ive seen people on dslreports say they've used it on those OS's (I think its called bonding but im not 100% sure). Take NeoV's advice and avoid diamond's drivers.

My question is...does your isp have to explicity state they support dual-modem technology? Or doesnt it matter? Im not referring to having 2 seperate accounts with an isp.

Id like to hook my friend up with a configuration like this, he has no broadband options in his area. Pretty good deal IMHO.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Yeah, this modem does work in both xp and 2000.

what drivers are you using that it works in xp? i can only get it to run in 2k, xp it simply doesn't work.

as to whether you need two isp accounts, it depends on how anal your isp is. some detecting dual connects from same account will eventually ban you:p

<< How is this a hot deal? ......Unless dialup is all that is available to ya, that is. >>

What about DirecPC satellite or another broadband satellite service? Isn't that available to everyone?

Mike

TyCo

Jan 11, 2001
Trust me, Dial-Up is all some people can get. I live 10 miles outside the city limits
of Columbus, OH and all I can get here is dial-up. RoadRunner and DSL are close
but not close enough. I was going to get 2-way DirecPC but they said I couldn't
network with it. (Is that true?) Maybe I could get this to work until something better comes along.

cadjack

Dec 19, 1999
Marm, you got an ISA modem working in XP? I didn't think it was possible, I've tried all three here at the house.

Edit: Oops, I see you said two modems but didn't mention ISA. Anyway I've got a deal pending with these guys, the first item shipped is pricey but add something and it only goes up a little. They also buy used stuff for about 60% of what PriceWatch's lowest listing is for the same item new.

RockOn123

Sep 23, 2001
I used micron's isp. At the time (a few months) ago they didn't have any software in place to detect dual dial-up connections. I couldn't believe it because their own tech support told me to just dial in twice and no one could detect the dual connection.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
What about DirecPC satellite or another broadband satellite service? Isn't that available to everyone?

Mike

isn't that broad band with high ping? whats the point:(

Forgiven

Oct 8, 2000
if your isp will support multiple log ins then you don't usually have to pay for a second account ;>)