Hot Digital Camera deal at Wolf Camera

Camguy

Apr 18, 2004
This deal is from Dallas area newspaper. This may be available in other parts of Texas too.
The camera in question is: Fuji Finemax A205 digital camera Price: $79.99. No need for any refund.
This is a 2 MP camera. This has a 3x optical and 2.5 digital zoom and this camera takes very good pics for a 2 MP camera.
I feel it is an awesome deal because its regular price ranges from $99.99 to $129.99 in stores like Best Buy, Circuit City, Staples, etc. Even I may buy it even though I already have Minolta Dimage Z1 which is a 3.2MP camera.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Looks like a great deal.
I have an old timer friend and this would be perfect for him.
Thanks.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Im a digital camera noob. Is this a good camera if I just want to use it to take pictures of me and my girlfriend? I don't need them to be big, I just want them to be good quality. Average size prints for my 35mm are costing me an arm and a leg. Would this be a good replacement?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Fuji A210
$133,

Ok I think I will buy this today. Are there any better cameras out there for less than $150? If not looks like this is my next camera.

Mephistokur

Nov 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Aimster
Im a digital camera noob. Is this a good camera if I just want to use it to take pictures of me and my girlfriend? I don't need them to be big, I just want them to be good quality. Average size prints for my 35mm are costing me an arm and a leg. Would this be a good replacement?

As digital cameras go, Fujis are okay. Not great, but far from bad at 2MP. I have an A201 that I use as a beater for my kids, and it takes decent pictures as long as your lighting isn't weird. Low light sucks, and bright sunlight washes out the color a little.

This certainly not a bad price for a basic snapshot camera.

Just keep in mind that the lowest end point and shoot 35MM is far sharper than any 2MP camera, so if you want really good quality, spend money on a higher end camera.

phillydog

Dec 19, 2001
Even Hotter. Price match with sears and get 10% off.!

How do you pricematch with sears? I thought all the big stores only pricematch with each other since they are all 'authorized' retailers.... not slamming you, just curious if this pricematch is in print.. would love to pricematch for the Sony F828 camera... :)

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
The A205/A210 are the successors to the popular 2600/2650 Zoom models. They have good overall picture quality for low-end digicams. They're your basic compact point and shoot cameras, easy to use but no manual control.
Most "basic" digicam users would be happy with these cameras. They aren't the quickest and don't do that well in low light, but they are a great way to get into digital photography and take some decent pictures while doing so.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Sears has a pricematch policy that will match any retail and online store. It says local only but I have never had a problem with this. The people who work at Sears seem to be very clueless of their pricematch policy and swear nobody can beat their prices and are shocked when I show them something cheaper. Just print out their pricematch policy and take it with you and see what happens. But since some of these digital camera stores are retail you can easily find one local if that is a problem. So far I've bought a JVC SH-55 (don't sell this anymore), and an mp3 walkman with no problems. I price matched the site etronics.com which is not local.

cookdog

Aug 2, 2001
Great little camera for the money. ONe thing to know is that it needs a lot of light and won't do night shots or work well indoors. No ISO adjustments. I have a Fuji and that is the only drawback. For a little more, you can get a model that will do much better in dim settings. Minolta has several models that will do much better in low light. Still, you can't go wrong with this at 79.00!

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Mephistokur

As digital cameras go, Fujis are okay. Not great, but far from bad at 2MP. I have an A201 that I use as a beater for my kids, and it takes decent pictures as long as your lighting isn't weird. Low light sucks, and bright sunlight washes out the color a little.

This certainly not a bad price for a basic snapshot camera.

Just keep in mind that the lowest end point and shoot 35MM is far sharper than any 2MP camera, so if you want really good quality, spend money on a higher end camera.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder :D

russw

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
For those interested in this digicam, see the below thread for an even better deal on this digicam which was posted a week earlier.

OD Deal on Fuji FinePix A205

btw... I think Wolf and Ritz are the same company.

But hurry... the PM potential ends Saturday, 4/24

...russ