Hot Denon 2802 A/V Receiver $366 (open box)

woolfee

Oct 2, 2001
Here it is:

http://www.lgdsuperstore.com/lgddealsavr2802.html

The CSR says that all of these were returned within 30 days, that they are factory tested to be working, and that all components are in the box. This receiver is MSRP $800, $505 next best online price. The Denon receivers are, IMO, the best receivers in their respective price classes, and this one is no exception. I have tested it in store and the sound quality is outstanding. The remote kind of sucks, but at this price, it's a steal. There are $1000 receivers that don't sound this good. And this one was $750 in the B&M place I where I evaluated it.

The CSR said there are 10 in stock, and they are moving about 5 per day.

TEEZLE

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2000
Yep, that's a nice price. Especially with the DTS ES and 6.1 channel output.

Utterman

Platinum Member
Apr 17, 2001
Pretty good price. A friend of mine paid close to a $1000 for this exact receiver.

Dx-treme

Mar 14, 2000
Called them and seems kinda shady.

also they listed BBB in their web site and when i try to check with bbb website , there are no info at all on them.

also they operate from Broklyn NY.

I would not pay $$$ especially for sophisticated high end electronics like a receiver where so many things can go wrong internally.

just my 2 cent

Slikkster

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2000
Open box specials - are deeply discounted because they are demo units, returns, DOA (Dead On Arrival) units, open box with physical damages and/or imperfections, missing parts (ie: remotes, manuals, batteries, cables etc...). All open box are SOLD AS IS.

tigerbait

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
just picked up one of these at crutchfield last week. after msn savings and AMEX pricematch, should be only $450, brand new, and under warranty :p

IgoByte

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001

<< Umm, doesn't MSN savings make you sign up for MSN for like 2 years or something??
I'll pass...
>>

I don't think so...

hk29

Jan 28, 2001
I can't seem to order anyway online. I guess if I need to get one I need to order one. It looks a good deal as long as they guarantee DOA. I would check over the phone just in case even though on their website it says that it does not quarantee for DOA :(

woolfee

Oct 2, 2001
Yeah, I agree they seem a bit unprofessional over the telephone. And I read their literature about open items, which is why I asked. Denon takes back returned open box items that are sold by authorized dealers. Denon then tests the part to make sure it is non-defective, and checks to make sure that all the components are in the box. They then resell them at a significantly discounted wholesale price to specific dealers. Letsgodigital sells tons of open box Denon stuff. Anyway, the point is that Denon processes these open items. Letsgoditigal just sells them. In any event, I agree it is taking a chance because for all I know they could be disreputable. But at this price, I am willing to take a risk. I ordered it today and I'll post back here when I get it.

woolfee

Oct 2, 2001
A post script to the above message. You can find this deal on shopping.yahoo.com. There, this vendor gets a maximum 5 star rating FWIW. I do notice however that about 2/3s of the vendors listed at shopping.yahoo.com get 5 stars though.