Hot Deals not in "Hot Deals"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
For some time now I have been seeing a lot of threads in the PC game section about games on sale. It seems to me these should be in "Hot Deals".

Just curious why theses threads which clearly seem to be in the wrong forum are being allowed?

-KeithP

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
They may not be a hot deal :p

Well this is part of it.

Most of those threads are just FYIs of sales from particular sellers and we have, generally, contained them to their specific threads (KaOTiK does a great job of updating the Steam sales thread for example) and not only does it inform the relatively small group in PC Gaming who may not ever visit Hot Deals, but it helps foster discussion and a bit of a community feel in what is a pretty quiet sub-forum.

Hot Deals is used just to grab a particular game/deal and the extraneous discussion is not allowed; the threads in PC Gaming more often than not lead to greater discussions of the games, which is something I would like to encourage, not extinguish by closing the threads.

KT

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Well this is part of it.

Most of those threads are just FYIs of sales from particular sellers and we have, generally, contained them to their specific threads (KaOTiK does a great job of updating the Steam sales thread for example) and not only does it inform the relatively small group in PC Gaming who may not ever visit Hot Deals, but it helps foster discussion and a bit of a community feel in what is a pretty quiet sub-forum.

Hot Deals is used just to grab a particular game/deal and the extraneous discussion is not allowed; the threads in PC Gaming more often than not lead to greater discussions of the games, which is something I would like to encourage, not extinguish by closing the threads.

KT

Agreed.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

KT

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.