Hot case deal! 6 - 5.25", 6 - 3.5", 300w, ATX.......$79.99 + shipping

Ogewo

Dec 13, 1999
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=L450-5005

Copied and pasted directly from site:

Leadman Electronics USA Inc
ATX Full Tower Case w/ 300W PS (Blue)

Specifications

Zinc Plated
No rough-cut edges
7 I/O Slots on rear panel
Three piece slide desighn
24.5H x 7.5W x17D
6 - 5.25" bays and
6 - 3.5" bays
300W power supply

looks pretty sweet to me but please post if you you know of any cons on this case

GeW

EDIT: "often ships within 2 weeks" =(

Ogewo

Dec 13, 1999
ooo, good find cyberrad. Almost identical case, low price, low shipping make it appear to be a much better deal without knowing too much about either case

TimidOCer

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2000
hey guys that case that cyberrad put up kicks anus get it from www.thechipmerchants.com or chipmerchants.com i forgot for 62 plus shippin shippin was like a meesly 12$ for this sweet heavy case I LOVE it

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Cyberrad ... I have that same case and it has wheels on it ... its friggin awesome ...

made by Foxconn if that matters to anyone ...

good case

Blakwngbrd

Jan 2, 2001
I'm really tempted! I'm in the process of building myself a new system, and this case looks like it could take care of my computer-containing needs for quite some time. I was wondering if someone who already has this case could tell me what the insides are like - I can't seem to find any further info about it anywhere on the web. How is accessibility, etc? Thanks!

korowai

Oct 21, 2000
I am using exactly the same case but the smaller version , a mid-tower.
Please be advised that this case doesn't have good air-flow and cooling solution. Some mods needed.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
its very accessable ... just remove the side panels and get busy ...

everything is easy to reach inside ...

the airflow is pretty good ... but not perfect ...

if you make a blowhole at the back above the mobo . theres room for an 80mm case fan there ... and it makes much better airflow

mjquilly

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2000
I'm ordering the tcwo one. This looks awesome! When I read this thread, I had another case ready to buy in my shopping cart at another place, but this is too good to pass up.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
I have the same case in the link first posted. Its big and heavy. I love the wheels on it. It has pretty good airflow when modded and it made very well. I payed $70 I think at a computer show.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Dave is right. Apex makes the case. It's available in Mid, Full and in AT form in several sizes (3?). I have the full tower version from TCWO and it does come with wheels, but I opted to leave them off in favor of keeping my case in one spot on the terazzo floors. ;)

shawnat

Nov 30, 2000
OMG, talk about a CHEESY looking case! You people have no clue I guess. What a waste of money. Spend a few dollars more and get a real case like the ANTEC SX1030. One of the best looking case as well as all the features you'd ever want! Don't but any case with stupid transparent blue plastic toy-like crap! Jeez people, wake up...

cubanx

Oct 27, 2000
Never fails, a junior member troll appears with nothing constructive to say. No comparisions, no links, nada ...

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
shawnat: The case is just my computer's shell. As long as it can hold all of my hardware to it and it offers excellent airflow (and certainly this case's size allows that) and I don't cut my finger's on it's edges and it looks good next to my desk, it serves it's purpose.

The most important part of a case is it's power supply and although my &quot;cheesy&quot; case came with a Topower P4/Athlon approved 300W power supply (by the way guys, that's why it's more expensive at TCWO. The other places ship the case with a Deer 300W). I use a Enermax 431W, so even the power supply is a moot point with me.

Thanks for your suggestion, though.

jon

shawnat

Nov 30, 2000
Cubanx:
What do you mean &quot;no comparisons&quot;? I just recommended the Antec SX1030 case. Are you so ignorant or lazy to check their site for specs? Or read the reviews? I consider myself very knowledgeable in building computers and and I know performance, quality, and good design when I see it. You need to make your own decisions, but at least research it first...I always ask people, &quot;Why buy the cheapest, when for a little bit more, you can get it all?&quot;

Wik

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2000
Oh yeah I linked to the plain front model. Here is the &quot;case with stupid transparent blue plastic toy-like crap!&quot; ,as our resident 12 year old states, for $54.95 also. I really like these case and even prefer them over the Antec ones. They are clean and simple and lots of room to mod away. I like the plain front ones myself.

With the blue front

Also check out their cheap 4 channel sound cards. These are in no way as good as a SB Live but they impressed the hell out of me for a $16 4 channel sound card. I put one in my Dad's computer and It sounds great.

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
12 years old?

Hell. I MUST be getting old for my age cause I was thinking half that age.

Anyhoo.... Don't forget that those $15 LT Winmodems ROCK for online gaming!

BTW: Anyone got a TNT2 Vanta video card I could score cheap? I need to upgrade my gaming rig.

CanadianBacon

Dec 4, 2000
That full-tower case . . . it would be pretty decent for some heavy duty work if you stuck an 80 or 120mm fan in front of the lower hard drive bays. It'd take the place of my &quot;omg, wtf is jutting out of your computer&quot; I-Storm-II (Its one of THE best coolers you can get, and damn it does a great job of cooling my Quantum Atlas 10K) and also look much better if I do a clean mod with a few nice trimmings. Hmm, definitely decent, gotta love the 300 watt power supply and the nifty expansion room for so cheap.

Thanks man, great case (not the blue one, although its an okay deal, the blue is definitely has an amateurish look to it IMHO).