Hosting Site

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Looking for a new hosting company that is set up to automatically create free SSL Certs, allows multiple domain names just for domain names along w/ a landing page. Monthly usage is currently 2-10GB storage & 5-15GB transfer.

Main importance is not to charged for each additional domain, and I need a free SSL Cert for however domains I need - currently I have 15 or so domains that are landing pages w/ 2 being active. Basically I need a reseller account just a very cheap one w/ the ability to get real Free SSL Certs as the domain I do is legit. And I would want to pay ~$30/year since the domains are basically parked.
Any recommendations?

Nov 20, 2009
! and 1, which I also use, is not Ionos and they raised the rates on me. I was a 1 and 1 customer since they first appeared in North America and got in on their free five years of basic hosting. Right before they got bought out by Ionos I was paying $7/month for their basic hosting, which I only used for custom email mailboxes. Now Ionos charges me $14/month for the most basic service. I actually have two accounts but need to merge them and they make it a bit of a PITA. To move a domain between accounts you own they will delete all mailboxes from the domain and you will have to rebuild them anew once the domain is moved. This is between two Ionos accounts owned by the same party. Imagine if I were a business and acquiring another business with thousands of email mailboxes.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
! and 1, which I also use, is not Ionos and they raised the rates on me. I was a 1 and 1 customer since they first appeared in North America and got in on their free five years of basic hosting. Right before they got bought out by Ionos I was paying $7/month for their basic hosting, which I only used for custom email mailboxes. Now Ionos charges me $14/month for the most basic service. I actually have two accounts but need to merge them and they make it a bit of a PITA. To move a domain between accounts you own they will delete all mailboxes from the domain and you will have to rebuild them anew once the domain is moved. This is between two Ionos accounts owned by the same party. Imagine if I were a business and acquiring another business with thousands of email mailboxes.
I'm paying $4/month.

Not sure why you say 1&1 is not ionos when this is on their webpage.
1634929858891.png

Nov 20, 2009
That was a mistake on my part. What/how are you getting for $4/month from them that I cannot get? I must be missing something--again, my ignorance.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
That was a mistake on my part. What/how are you getting for $4/month from them that I cannot get? I must be missing something--again, my ignorance.
I have the Web Hosting Essential plan, which includes SSL, SFTP & SSH, email accounts (up to 10), MySQL Database (up to 10)