Hostages taken at Discovery Channel [Update with picture of gunman]

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Protip: It is no longer is permissible to park a Prius within 2 Blocks of the Discovery Channel.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Well he got something right,

Humans are the most destructive, filthy, pollutive creatures around and are wrecking what's left of the planet with their false morals and breeding culture.

Why don't you hang yourself?

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Holy shit. I think I knew the guy.

http://www.meetup.com/socratescafe1/members/7792020/

Is that him? He has shown up to the philosophy group a lot.

Before you assume much else, "Lee" is very extreme when it comes to making statements. We do a pretty good job of correcting him and trying to include him in our discussions but it doesn't always work.
We generally discuss general topics and, which few exceptions, most of what he contributes is pretty extreme and tangential. I've even tried to talk with him one on one but it is VERY hard to keep the discussion on track as his statements are all over the place. He was never mean or anything. His ideas are just very extreme and make it hard to discuss certain topics.

If that wasn't him he'll probably want to kick my ass for the accusation, or at the very least. Sorry dude but you say some irrational shit man:p

Last edited:

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
I just saw the pic. holy shit that's him! :Q

It's really sad:(
He actually walked to the metro with me and a co-member after a meeting and we were continuing the philo discussion. I don't remember what the topic was but me and the colleague thought the discussion was going well and that he was actually being rational - as soon as we got near the metro staircase he went off into another rant and we gave up. :(

I never expected this. I thought he was just weird or something :( Before the groups' topical discussions he always seemed pretty nice and like to feed the squirrels :(

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Holy shit. I think I knew the guy.

http://www.meetup.com/socratescafe1/members/7792020/

Is that him? He has shown up to the philosophy group a lot.

Before you assume much else, "Lee" is very extreme when it comes to making statements. We do a pretty good job of correcting him and trying to include him in our discussions but it doesn't always work.
We generally discuss general topics and, which few exceptions, most of what he contributes is pretty extreme and tangential. I've even tried to talk with him one on one but it is VERY hard to keep the discussion on track as his statements are all over the place. He was never mean or anything. His ideas are just very extreme and make it hard to discuss certain topics.

If that wasn't him he'll probably want to kick my ass for the accusation, or at the very least. Sorry dude but you say some irrational shit man:p

Damn.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

Tell me about it. That's some fucked up shit to find out as you sit down to diner after a hard day at work.

What's even more fucked up is what might have happened to me at one of the philo group meetings! Shit man.... I restored his arguments quite a few times! I am so fucking glad I was always polite with him even when he was pushing my buttons.

Then I start thinking about how we had been able to get him to calm down almost every time. The leader of the group is a really nice guy and we made every effort to include "lee" in the weekly topic even though some of his comments were somewhat disturbing.

Last edited:

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
did the snipers let Mike Rowe do the dirty job of pulling the trigger? That would be an emmy episode waiting to happen

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
boom_headshot.jpg

/to soon?