Hooking up sata cables

rickrh72

Feb 16, 2007
Well, we are finaly on the build. In the mo bo manual it shows where to hook the sata cables up. We are running 2 optical drives and 1 hard drive. I have SATAllo /1/2/3/4/5 (SATA 3Gb/s Connector, Controled by ICH8R) and GSATAll0 / GSATAll1 (SATA 3Gb/s Connector, Controlled by Gigabyte STATA2). I have the HD plugged into the GSATAllO slot and the optical drives plugged into the ICH8R controled slots. Is this correct or can I plug all three into the ICH8R slot? Also on the PCIE_12V power conector it shows pin 1 as NC, but the power suply has +5V on this pin. Will this be a problem? I am using a Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 Rev 3.3 Mo Bo, PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad power suply. QX6700 prossessor,and aXFX Geforce 8800 GTX Vid card, that should be here soon. 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR 800 Ram. The HD is a Western Digital Caviar 500 GB. Thanks for your help on this. Have fun, Rick

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
you forgot to plug in the 6-pin pci-e power cable to your 500gb hd so that you can overclock it to the equivalence of the Raptor speed of 10krpm...One more thing...remove the Seagate driver prior to installing the new WD driver. Otherwise your WD 500gb can reduce in size from 500gb to something of 1mb.Carriage Return. Carriage Return. Carriage Return.
LOL

Seriously...try your question at Peripherals or GH forum. GL