#honestmistake : Video documentation of Ron Pauls omission from the media

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hONl8bAhRGI&feature=player_embedded

Somebody put together a video showing time and time again where Ron Paul is omitted from news coverage.

I know some of you dolts, you konw... the ones who say things like Paul Bots, etc... like to pretend this stuff is some figment of the collective imagination of Paul supporters.

The video shows countless cases where ron paul is Simply omitted. The Bachman strawpull win is a pretty special one because many outlets outright omitted Ron Paul's 2nd place finish while claiming Bachmans finish was an accomplishment. But then when Ron Paul won straw pull after strawpull it was either ignored or played down as no big deal.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I dont get it...this leads to what??
Ron who is NOT a relevant candidate......so far Ron who has won nothing...

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I don't know about anyone else, but my voting opinions are not formed by watching the talking heads of various biased media coverage. But cheer up airdata, Ron Paul is doing much better than he did in 2008.

My other IMHO comment, is that media omission of Ron Paul may work out to Ron Paul's advantage. Because like many other, I like some of Ron Paul's foreign policy views, but if media coverage honestly and fairly concentrated on Ron Paul's Fibertarian fantasies, most everyone would conclude Ron Paul is simply out of his mind.

After all, any POTUS candidate is a package deal. And IMHO, the rest of the Ron Paul package is totally unacceptable to vote for.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010

It's relevant because of people like you claiming Ron Paul is not relevant even when he wins things.

If he weren't being black balled all year he'd probably be in first everywhere. But instead there are millions of gullible fools watching the evening news being told they can vote for Romney or Santorum or god forbid a totally discredited guy like Newt Gingrich.

Londo is probably dumb enough to vote for Newt... LOL

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007

Seriously you're just a hater because he doesn't support Israel unconditionally. Fact is I don't support Israel unconditionally either. I would like to see less financial support going to Israel, though I do view them as a "friend" of the United States and we should keep our trade and good relations up. That doesn't mean I want to continue to fund their state. If Israel or any other nation wants money from the USA they can fly Old Glory, until then they can fuck off and buy our shit.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
He gets plenty of media coverage, if anything too much. He's treated exactly the way he should be; as a loon who never gets anything done (look at his bill records in HOR) and whose ideas have soundly failed the test of time and that Americans reject (anti-BOR via anti-14th amendment stance as one example).

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
He gets plenty of media coverage, if anything too much. He's treated exactly the way he should be; as a loon who never gets anything done (look at his bill records in HOR) and whose ideas have soundly failed the test of time and that Americans reject (anti-BOR via anti-14th amendment stance as one example).

Uh.. Ron Paul gets covered in blogs and back page articles of main stream sites. He gets barely a blurb on most major media sources. The majority of shit we hear about Ron Paul is how "crazy" and "unelectable" he is. That's about it.

So I went to Fox News' election page and noticed that Ron Paul has more likes than any other candidate on their page. At least double the next closest. Yet I do a "find" on the page and the only thing it finds for "Ron Paul" is his name above his image. I go to HuffingtonPost Elections 2012 page and I do a "find" for "Ron Paul" and there's a editorial blog that contains some text that says Ron Paul. So where is all the coverage again? Other sites?

I mean sure First, I and other savvy people can go find information we want. We're not worthless lazy pieces of shit waiting for the world to hand us everything, we like being informed and seeking knowledge so we've learned how to google and traverse this crazy series of tubes. But for most they hit up these retarded ass main stream sites and they see NOTHING informing them on Paul. NOTHING at all. So when you respond with "look at all the articles you can find if you search 'Ron Paul' on news.google.com!" remember 99% of the idiots don't even know there is a news.google.com

Last edited:

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010

Remind me again... Are you the guy in 2012 who supports Barack Obama?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It's relevant because of people like you claiming Ron Paul is not relevant even when he wins things.

You said it...now own up to it....what has he won?

A stuffed toy at a carnival amusement game?
A free Thanksgiving day Turkey in a raffle?

What has he won???

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Seriously you're just a hater because he doesn't support Israel unconditionally. Fact is I don't support Israel unconditionally either. I would like to see less financial support going to Israel, though I do view them as a "friend" of the United States and we should keep our trade and good relations up. That doesn't mean I want to continue to fund their state. If Israel or any other nation wants money from the USA they can fly Old Glory, until then they can fuck off and buy our shit.

Your an idiot!! I don`t vote based on a candidates stand towards Israel!

I voted last election for Obama and will do so again.....

Dr. Who has ideas that just are not good for the country no matter how cool or enlightened they may seem!

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
You said it...now own up to it....what has he won?

A stuffed toy at a carnival amusement game?
A free Thanksgiving day Turkey in a raffle?

What has he won???

I'm sorry you're so ignorant. As stated in the original post and shown in the video, I was referring to the Michelle Bachman event.

As shown in the video, many news outlets made a big deal out of Bachman winning a straw pull. They also omitted Ron Paul from the top 3 and instead just listed Bachman 1st place and some guy who's been out of the race for 6 months in 3rd.

Ron Paul then went on to win countless strawpulls for which he got no recognition as opposed to bachman when she won 1.

There's a clearly orchestrated effort in the media to ignore Ron Paul and to make snarky, sarcastic comments about him and slander him at any opportunity.

He's also won countless polls. Of which when they are acknowledged by news outlets, the results are played down or removed from websites and broadcasts all together.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
JEDIYoda, I'm sorry I'm going to call bullshit on your support for Israel. I've read enough of your posts on the subject to know you would never vote for or stand for anything that would potentially harm Israel. Not to mention you keep saying "Ron who?" and ignoring the fact the guy is a legitimate candidate and legitimate respected politician in the United States. You choose to be ignorant because you're an idiot, I know because we know our own.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
Notice the numbers the thread is doing. Another indication of the effects of the Ron Paul slander and media blackballing.

This is a serious issue dealing with the way our so called democratic process works. More people should be concerned about the system being slanted toward people who are propped up by corporations in return for favors they'll give them while in office.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Airdata is 100% right on this issue. Ron Paul is a candidate for the Republican nomination and it shouldn't be up to the media to be the arbiters of his candidacy, they're supposed to report what is happening, not be the publics political gatekeepers.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

If Ron Paul had gotten equivalent substantive media attention as the other candidates, he WOULD be a relevant candidate. The fact that he's doing as well as he is is remarkable given that lack of coverage.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
If the airdata thesis is that Machelle Backman got so much lame stream media attention after winning all the straw in Iowa, it still does not explain why the Michelle Backman candidacy crashed and burned quickly thereafter. As Michelle was one of the first of many GOP candidates to bow out of the 2012 republican primary POTUS race.

Looks like straw is not the valuable commodity its cracked up to be. Maybe with 50 cents and all the Straw Ron Paul has, he too can get a can a soda in a 50 cent vending machine.

Last edited:

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
If the airdata thesis is that Machelle Backman got so much lame stream media attention after winning all the straw in Iowa, it still does not explain why the Michelle Backman candidacy crashed and burned quickly thereafter. As Michelle was one of the first of many GOP candidates to bow out of the 2012 republican primary POTUS race.

Uh it makes a lot of sense why her campaign crashed and burned. She had no substance. You just think to little of those you view as "enemies".

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Uh.. Ron Paul gets covered in blogs and back page articles of main stream sites. He gets barely a blurb on most major media sources. The majority of shit we hear about Ron Paul is how "crazy" and "unelectable" he is. That's about it.

So I went to Fox News' election page and noticed that Ron Paul has more likes than any other candidate on their page. At least double the next closest. Yet I do a "find" on the page and the only thing it finds for "Ron Paul" is his name above his image. I go to HuffingtonPost Elections 2012 page and I do a "find" for "Ron Paul" and there's a editorial blog that contains some text that says Ron Paul. So where is all the coverage again? Other sites?

I mean sure First, I and other savvy people can go find information we want. We're not worthless lazy pieces of shit waiting for the world to hand us everything, we like being informed and seeking knowledge so we've learned how to google and traverse this crazy series of tubes. But for most they hit up these retarded ass main stream sites and they see NOTHING informing them on Paul. NOTHING at all. So when you respond with "look at all the articles you can find if you search 'Ron Paul' on news.google.com!" remember 99% of the idiots don't even know there is a news.google.com

Except people aren't searching news.google.com, they're searching Google and clicking on the first result it spits out (from news.google.com or whatever's the 1st link). Fact is people know how to use Google, they're the most visited site on the web, they have unmatched, positive brand recognition, they were added as a verb to the Oxford English Dictionary over 5 years ago and they're consistently ranked top 3 best companies to work for. So what you're basically saying (without knowing it) is that somehow your average voter isn't capable of using this enormously well-known/popular service that they normally use on a daily basis because they're so dumb they can't search Google if they're interested in a candidate like Ron Paul. Facts belie your position. So any more unsubstantiated bullshit you'd like to spout?

Oh, and try this.

Uh it makes a lot of sense why her campaign crashed and burned. She had no substance. You just think to little of those you view as "enemies".

lol, fucking seriously dude? You think Ron fucking Paul has any legitimate substance to him? Just because you like the stuff the guy spouts doesn't mean his words have any substance. Everything that comes out of his mouth is contrarian, against-the-grain contentions about basically every subject matter in existence not to mention his whole platform is watered-down high school level revisionist U.S. history.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

Looks like straw is not the valuable commodity its cracked up to be. Maybe with 50 cents and all the Straw Ron Paul has, he too can get a can a soda in a 50 cent vending machine.

A better example is Rick Santorum, who got almost NO press until his showing in Iowa. The media had all but ignored him, but now he's leading in the national polls. RP got more coverage than Santorum did in those early stages but Santorum moved up and RP didn't. RP has too many stances that are not acceptable to most republican voters. It is what it is.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
First, yes I believe he has some substance. Maybe not a whole lot, I don't generally like people who want to lead, but more so than Bachmann. Bachmann was an attempt in marketing. Like I said you underestimate your "enemies" but whatever.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Bachmann was a joke, but be real, Ron Paul "markets" himself as much as anyone. You just like his ideas and demeanor. I like his demeanor on many issues but his ideas are awful, awful stuff. Never worked, probably never will.