Honestly, is anyone as alert about the recent "almost certain" terrorist warning as before?

Hoeboy

Banned
Apr 20, 2000
It's hard to be as alert and active about the recent warning as compared to the first couple since 9/11. Is this a plan by the terrorist to throw us lazy Americans off guard? :eek: Now be honest, how many of you are shrugging it off???

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
*shrug*

I think that its better for the average citizen to not get worked up and panic over this type of thing, it will only make things worse. Hopefully the gov't and military will be taking the threats seriously though, as they are the only ones who can do anything about them.

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Rallispec said it.

(the rest of this post has been edited out, since it looks kinda off-topic)

Aug 10, 2001
While another attack is quite possible (like everything else in life), making blanket statements like that (which our Vice President did this morning) doesn't help anyone.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I'm virtually certain that I'm going to blow up the sears tower...

/me watches forum full of paranoid people start running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I still think there's a lot of really paranoid people on this forum. I haven't worried about any of these suppsoed terrorist threats at all, and I haven't been bombed, shot, or blown up yet....

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
I don't think it's an issue of "Panic" or "Don't Panic."

It's not like you have to put your life on hold while you diligently scour the viewable domain looking for things that are out of order.

I believe the concept is to make the citizens aware that some potential threat, which, by whatever information has been received, appears to be an above-average possibility (a little less remote of a possibility).

With this concept in mind, if you see something that doesn't appear normal, or you see something that could be a threat, let someone know ASAP so that it can be investigated.

It's to everyone's advantage to keep their eyes open and be looking, especially in the main population areas.

What's the problem with that? Why is that so hard to accomplish?

"Oh Damn! Now I have to be alert....."

JMHO, FWIW

Scott

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
I didn't care then, and I don't care now. Things will happen whether I worry about them or not, so why stress myself out?

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
I cared then and I care now. Things will likely happen whether I am alert or not, but just maybe I'll be the person to notice something out of the ordinary and possibly prevent a catastrophe. This doesn't stress me in the least as I and every other person should be aware of their surroundings, anyway.
l

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Yes, I think the message helps. If someone sees someone suspicious then they are more likely to contact law enforcement officials regarding the persons behavior. They are also more apt to pay attention to see what the person does.

9-11 wouldn't have been as detrimental if we had known that a terrorist attack was imminent.

I, myself, believe apartments or businesses will be the next target (bombs, etc). They cyanide thing was really weird too. I thought they found it though, did they????

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
No, looks like 9 1/2 tons of the original 10 tons of cyanide are missing, hopefully it was ignorant truck hijackers, and not some lunatics.