Honest Tea to be phased out by the end of the year.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I don't really drink bottled teas, but their's were good. They were back when they were indies anyway. They were known for low/no sugar tea when that wasn't really a thing.

Reactions: Captante

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Don't really drink it anymore, but I liked their honey green tea. Wasn't overly sweet like the Arizona version is.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I don't really drink bottled teas, but their's were good. They were back when they were indies anyway. They were known for low/no sugar tea when that wasn't really a thing.

Figures they're canceled .... must not have had enough sugar! :rolleyes:

(my favorite was the green tea with light honey)

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
I've never even heard of it. No one here drinks it anymore.

Wonder why it was discontinued? Seeems like it was very successful...

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
What a shame. Honest Tea was a wonderful product with far less sugar in it, and most of their flavors, if not all, were organic. They were the main product we sold at my food business because we wanted to have a higher quality and healthier product.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I've never even heard of it. No one here drinks it anymore.

Wonder why it was discontinued? Seeems like it was very successful...
Very likely the people willing to obtain and and able to pay for the health premium moved on to other substitutes. Not only that, but a lower sugar food naturally reduces the frequency of repeat eating.

Also, the is pressure from the demand side and Coke will not be able to subsidize such non-appetizing foods in the future; aka, Coke sales will dwindle in the future and less revenue from that core product means less "accessory products". Certain members of the medical community are presenting the first mass batch of professional evidence that low-carbing/keto is the way of the future. That will mean diabetes diet advice will soon purge sugary and grainy foods from their recommendations. The industry of science and medicine know it, thus the mainstream is doing their best to dam up the info as long as possible.

The reason certain doctors like Susan Wolver and Ford Brewer have gone the way they have is in part because their own personal experience indicated low-carbing was effective.

The "official line" is that Gold Peak was the better brand, in essence.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
im sitting here at 10:30 at night drinking a pepsi zero

i have been working since 6:30 this morning and i still have 2 or 3 more hours of work to do
Alternate caffeine sources don't work for you, like coffee or xylitol mixed with green tea?

I cannot handle diet anything. Sucralose sucks for me and so does Acesulfame potassium .

------------------------
I've basically exited the entire drink market, having drank almost water only for the past half-year or more, with the occassional milk or green tea, and the I have to avoid because my heart rate jumps up(I guess long COVID is still not done with me).

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Never heard anyone call posting on ATOT "work."

so the fun thing about my work is that there are huge delays because it's millions of lines of code

make a little change... rebuild stuff for 15 minutes.

oh it didn't work? make another little change, rebuild for 15 minutes again

repeat all day and night

Reactions: nakedfrog

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Alternate caffeine sources don't work for you, like coffee or xylitol mixed with green tea?

oh yeah i prefer a good coffee, am kind of a coffee "snob" these days

but i have pepsi zero laying around that i need to finish up, and it's a lot less caffeine than my usual cup of coffee

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Honestly, "Honest Tea" was one of my favorite drink brands. I order cases of it from Amazon.com delivered.

Come to think of it, I haven't had a case delivered in around a month. Must be that, that Coke saw reduced sales or something. :p

• Haha

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Darnit, companies need to stop cancelling good products. And this isn't the first. Also Jolt, Vault, and others, from Coke company alone. Shame on you. Also, Mountain Dew Pitch Black, Livewire, and other flavors. Pepsi blue...dayum shame.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Sadly I had to 90% quit drinking coffee due to stomach-issues. (not caffeine)

As a result I've switched mostly to green tea and "Honest" was my go-to brand for bottled stuff because of their low/no sugar options.

Must admit however that as I've started drinking a lot more tea I pretty much completely stopped buying it pre-made due to it being approx 1/10th the cost (and better tasting/healthier!) to brew my own @ home.

Reactions: lxskllr

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
That's what it came down to for me. I've grown to prefer plain water, but it was hard to justify the cost of buying small bottles of tea, so I made my own. Usually, it was only when I was out, and wanted something with flavor.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I've settled on using 6 teabags per kettle of brewed tea using a mixture of 4 bags of Newman's Own organic green tea and 2 bags of Celestial Seasonings Green Energy-tea. *(contains some natural peach flavor, matcha + added caffeine)

Made eliminating daily coffee FAR less miserable! :D

71b630d9-ab6e-4179-8600-fad1972472be.c3a2f14bf38daaf0dcd99ffad578fa9b.jpeg

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I've settled on using 6 teabags per kettle of brewed tea using a mixture of 4 bags of Newman's Own organic green tea and 2 bags of Celestial Seasonings Green Energy-tea. *(contains some natural peach flavor, matcha + added caffeine)

Made eliminating daily coffee FAR less miserable! :D

71b630d9-ab6e-4179-8600-fad1972472be.c3a2f14bf38daaf0dcd99ffad578fa9b.jpeg
So, with the elimination of coffee, what are your alternative sources of boron?

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
So, with the elimination of coffee, what are your alternative sources of boron?

I simply upped my daily strontium-90 dosage to compensate! ;)

Seriously:

Boron and your health

Boron is an element found naturally in leafy green vegetables like kale and spinach. It can also be found in grains, prunes, raisins, non-citrus fruits, and nuts.

A person’s daily diet typically contains 1.5 to 3 milligrams (mg) of boron.

Common sources of boron in a person’s daily diet are:
  • apples
  • coffee
  • dried beans
  • milk
  • potatoes
Boron helps your body metabolize key vitamins and minerals, has a key role in bone health, and it also affects estrogen and testosterone levels.

There’s no established dietary recommendation for boron in terms of daily value. A boron deficiency also hasn’t been proven to cause any diseases.

(Healthline.com)