Honest question, how did they prevent illegals from becoming first time voters in mail-in votes?

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
How did they prevent illegals from becoming mail-in voters as first time voters, if an ID was not required and just an affidavit was required? Isn't it true that people can lie on affidavits? I am not saying that illegals did vote and was the reason why Biden won, I am just curious as to how they prevented illegals from voting via mail-in?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
You have to be registered to vote first, then, if the state is sending out mail-in ballots to everyone, they send you one with your name on it. The only way an illegal casts a mail-in ballot is by intercepting someone else's ballot, then filling it out claiming to be them.

More to the point, why would an illegal risk jail and deportation to cast one illegal vote? Indeed, why would anyone risk jail for such a miniscule benefit?

That would seem the obvious reason they have only caught ~40 people casting illegal votes since 1982. Ya think?

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
You have to be registered to vote first, then, if the state is sending out mail-in ballots to everyone, they send you one with your name on it. The only way an illegal casts a mail-in ballot is by intercepting someone else's ballot, then filling it out claiming to be them.

More to the point, why would an illegal risk jail and deportation to cast one illegal vote? Indeed, why would anyone risk jail for such a miniscule benefit?

That would seem the obvious reason they have only caught ~40 people casting illegal votes since 1982. Ya think?
Can one register to vote without a state ID?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Yes, but then you have to provide a social security number. Whatever ID you supply, DL# or SS# is checked to make sure there is an actual person attached to it. If the information is fictitious, then you are not registered. So it comes down to the same thing: you could theoretically vote as another actual person, assuming the other person isn't also trying to register and/or vote.

It is impossible to commit voter fraud on a mass scale by this method. For obvious reasons.

Reactions: dank69 and hal2kilo

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009

States vary but in general you need to show something that somehow was indirectly linked to proof of citizenship.

Also again, why would someone risk 20 years in prison to cast one vote in races where millions of votes are cast and politicians don't care about the people say or want anyway? Its asinine to think that this is actually a thing.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
How did they prevent illegals from becoming mail-in voters as first time voters, if an ID was not required and just an affidavit was required? Isn't it true that people can lie on affidavits? I am not saying that illegals did vote and was the reason why Biden won, I am just curious as to how they prevented illegals from voting via mail-in?
Before you came here and asked this question, did you even attempt educating yourself on this subject or did you hear something, maybe a few things, told to you by right wing propaganda that caused your brain to panic and believe illegals vote regularly and often all condoned by the liberal elites? Or perhaps you just came here to troll by posting this easily answered question? Or maybe you are just a bit slow upstairs and you really had no idea nor did you have any clue on how to educate yourself either? This isn't a secret and the info is all quite literally at your fingertips ;)

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic and Meghan54

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The secret to the Big Lie-

All this was inspired by the principle – which is quite true within itself – that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods.
It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Yet Another Just Asking Question OFFhand Thread

Quite frankly, I'm of the opinion that something this fundamental deserves nothing but "LMGTFY" links and mockery as a response.
Before you came here and asked this question, did you even attempt educating yourself on this subject or did you hear something, maybe a few things, told to you by right wing propaganda that caused your brain to panic and believe illegals vote regularly and often all condoned by the liberal elites? Or perhaps you just came here to troll by posting this easily answered question? Or maybe you are just a bit slow upstairs and you really had no idea nor did you have any clue on how to educate yourself either? This isn't a secret and the info is all quite literally at your fingertips ;)
State laws vary by state, I know that. I was asking this because with states starting to update their voter laws, the state websites would also update as well, thus making it harder to find legitment non right-wing propaganda sites that tell the truth about the previous voter laws before the change.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
State laws vary by state, I know that. I was asking this because with states starting to update their voter laws, the state websites would also update as well, thus making it harder to find legitment non right-wing propaganda sites that tell the truth about the previous voter laws before the change.

Bullshit. Not your true purpose in your "just asking questions" crap. Seen you do it too many times to just accept anything other than you are full of bs with that response.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic and JEDIYoda
Feb 4, 2009
@Amol S. are you a US Citizen? Are you over 18?
Seems you ask pretty common knowledge kind of questions regarding the legislature and Government.

If you are young and or outside the US that is cool, I am just trying to figure out why you asked this question

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
They have to REGISTER to vote.

States with mail-in only ballots send ballots only to REGISTERED voters.

I realize that concepts might be difficult for republicans to grasp, but that's how it works.

Reactions: iRONic

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Which state currently shows inaccurate voting laws on their website?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I lived in one of the reddest of the red states for twenty years, and got absentee ballots from 2004 up until last year when I moved, and nobody thought there was an issue with it for the vast majority of that time...

Mar 11, 2004
They have to REGISTER to vote.

States with mail-in only ballots send ballots only to REGISTERED voters.

I realize that concepts might be difficult for republicans to grasp, but that's how it works.

B-b-but like voter fraud, bro!

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Yet Another Just Asking Question OFFhand Thread

Quite frankly, I'm of the opinion that something this fundamental deserves nothing but "LMGTFY" links and mockery as a response.

The problem is that people like the OP actually believe this sort of thing, so we have to educate and not just ridicule. News sources that they for some reason trust, even though those news sources have been shown again and again to not be trustworthy (but they will defend it by saying none of them are trustworthy, a bit of information they got from the untrustworthy news source) are insinuating these things. The news sites often don't come right out and say these things, they give misleading information that is intended to get their audience to come to the conclusions themselves. That reinforces their belief, because they were not told it by some news site, but came to that conclusion on their own with the information that the news site did give them. They use half truths and spurious statistics to lead their audience to the wrong conclusions. It is the worst kind of lie.

Reactions: ivwshane

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003
We have had mail in voting available in Idaho since the early 2000's and I've voted that way in over half of the elections. You have to be registered to vote and that is validated against your physical address, dmv, and tax records. One of the most 'conservative' states and it has had mail in voting for almost 20 years yet people complain about a non existent problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: hal2kilo

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
@Amol S. are you a US Citizen? Are you over 18?
Seems you ask pretty common knowledge kind of questions regarding the legislature and Government.

If you are young and or outside the US that is cool, I am just trying to figure out why you asked this question
Bullshit. Not your true purpose in your "just asking questions" crap. Seen you do it too many times to just accept anything other than you are full of bs with that response.
Which state currently shows inaccurate voting laws on their website?
B-b-but like voter fraud, bro!
The problem is that people like the OP actually believe this sort of thing, so we have to educate and not just ridicule. News sources that they for some reason trust, even though those news sources have been shown again and again to not be trustworthy (but they will defend it by saying none of them are trustworthy, a bit of information they got from the untrustworthy news source) are insinuating these things. The news sites often don't come right out and say these things, they give misleading information that is intended to get their audience to come to the conclusions themselves. That reinforces their belief, because they were not told it by some news site, but came to that conclusion on their own with the information that the news site did give them. They use half truths and spurious statistics to lead their audience to the wrong conclusions. It is the worst kind of lie.
the OPdug a hole he cannot get out of....
I am a US born citizen who is 25. It's just that I am busy with other things in life, that I do not have time sometimes to look things up. I have not yet applied for a driver's licence yet even. I am sorry if I was asking you folks for making me understand dumb things that can be found on the internet. I apologize.

I was not that interested in politics and the last time I did US history class was in my senior year in high school, which was when I was 18. It was only when Trump started acting like a racist nuts did I get interested in politics to understand how this idiot that I don't like got into office. Furthermore, I know a ID card is required for in person voting, I just do not know how mail-in works.

I never said inaccurate, what I meant was that the previous voting laws would take time to find. For example, Georgia's website has the new voting laws, not the old ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: ivwshane

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I am a US born citizen who is 25. It's just that I am busy with other things in life, that I do not have time sometimes to look things up. I have not yet applied for a driver's licence yet even. I am sorry if I was asking you folks for making me understand dumb things that can be found on the internet. I apologize.

I was not that interested in politics and the last time I did US history class was in my senior year in high school, which was when I was 18. It was only when Trump started acting like a racist nuts did I get interested in politics to understand how this idiot that I don't like got into office. Furthermore, I know a ID card is required for in person voting, I just do not know how mail-in works.

I’ll give you some props for admitting that and for getting interested in politics.

I will say that your questions are similar to what right wing propaganda uses and if you are parroting them then you need to be extra careful about your sources and you must be diligent in understanding that when you read/hear something you aren’t being unknowingly led to a conclusion the authors want you to come to without actually telling you that.

As you dive deeper into political topics you will either notice such things or you won’t if you don’t then you need to start researching the data yourself that support the underlying claims. It’s a lot of work and it’s not always easy but the more you do it the easier it will be to recognize spin or half truths and outright lies.

Good luck. The best thing you can do for yourself though, is to not let being wrong be personal and get defensive about it. Temporary embarrassment is better than long term ignorance. Also don’t always trust information without verifying it when it comes to people correcting you or counter points you run in to.

Reactions: dank69
Feb 4, 2009

I never said inaccurate, what I meant was that the previous voting laws would take time to find. For example, Georgia's website has the new voting laws, not the old ones.

That’s cool, basically mail in works like when you registered to vote. You register then you can request a mail in ballot or get a mail in ballot this process varies by State but the foundation of registering to vote is pretty much the same State to State.