Honda Civics, prepare to be beaten....

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
by the Turbo Van!

My friend brought his Plymouth Voyager by today, thought I'd take some pictures of it:

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

We beat a riced out Tercel the other day :)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Heh.. I thought you were talking about your Mustang :) Did you figure out why it wasn't starting up?

LordUnum

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
Heck, I've beaten a lot of those "all-show, no-go" rides and then some in my parent's '90 3.0L V6 Caravan. With turbo? Well, obviously it's all fun on your side of things, and all frustration and depression on theirs, lol! :D

Now if only those head gaskets on that '90 would hold together long enough to enjoy the truly enjoy the afterglow of a few "kills"... :frown:

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I'll be perfectly happy if the new gaskets last as long as the old ones did. If so, they'll last to 188k miles. The car's running again, but I need to JB weld some EGR ports shut. Don't ask, long story.

But, the turbo van is kinda cool :)

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
is this the same model and specs as the turbo van that was running 14's or something? I thought that was stock. Pretty amazing for a soccer mom's car. My beat is that they were trying to convice the dads that a minivan could still be cool:p

SHoddyCOmp

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2002
That first picture just reeks of speed, yo. TURBO!
rolleye.gif
:)

PullMyFinger

Mar 7, 2001
If you go to this site you'll see my friend, Gary, and his K-car which run's low 10's, he regularly stomps Vipers. He has some of his friends rides listed as well, like a 12 second Caravan, a 13 second Acclaim, and a bunch of other 13 and 14 second cars. When I asked him why he wanted to build a K-car for drag racing, he stated that it was almost 500 lbs lighter than the next lightest fwd Mopar and "besides, what's worse than being beaten by a K-car".

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
God bless the 2.2/2.5 turbos :) I swear by them... That engine will not only last forever, but maintainence and repair is so damn easy, I can change the oil on my car without even jacking it up, the spark plugs are right there for you...everything is just so easy to do :)

BTW: does that engine in the 1st pic look familiar? ;)

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: NutBucket
There's a guy who modded his turbo van to run 12's. Not too shabby.

And the best part is, it's all street legal, all done with backyard work (read: all DIY stuff) :)

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
i think my car could do about 25 seconds for a 1/4mile!! i'll get a new one eventually, it's older than i am......

hoihtah

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
sorry, but these american cars from the 80s look fugly.

if i were a bit younger, i would've taken you on with my integra gs-r :)

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: hoihtah
sorry, but these american cars from the 80s look fugly.

if i were a bit younger, i would've taken you on with my integra gs-r :)

It's an f'n minivan, I hope you would've! But, with a $10 grainer valve and an intercooler, it will take you :)

Jan 9, 2002
Originally posted by: PullMyFinger
If you go to this site you'll see my friend, Gary, and his K-car which run's low 10's, he regularly stomps Vipers. He has some of his friends rides listed as well, like a 12 second Caravan, a 13 second Acclaim, and a bunch of other 13 and 14 second cars. When I asked him why he wanted to build a K-car for drag racing, he stated that it was almost 500 lbs lighter than the next lightest fwd Mopar and "besides, what's worse than being beaten by a K-car".

Hee hee hee! :D

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Is that an 89-90? The 89 and 90 have some advantages over the older ones.

I have an 89 caravan turbo :D. I have already put a boost controller, grainger valve cost = $15, and what a difference even set stock settings. The computer in these limits boost to 5psi under 4k rpms and 9psi over 4k rpms and it comes on kinda slow. With the grainger in there I hit 10psi at 3k rpms and it really pulls now. It really makes a difference on the interstate. I need to put a 2 1/2 inch exaust from the down pipe back on it next and then an intercooler and more boost :D.

My much nastier looking turbo van

Have your friend sign up over at
turbo dodge