Honda calls new truck Ridgeline; vehicle to debut in spring 2005

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
Ugly as hell and Honda can't even bring themselves to produce a V8 for a truck!! I can almost see their reasoning with keeping a V6 for the Acura line, but not have a V8 for a truck is just crazy talk.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Originally posted by: ApacheXMD
v6 accords have 240hp

-patchy

Yep, 255 is you get the hybrid - IIRC. Even the 4cyl. make 160HP :p

the normal V6 in the Odyssey makes 255 HP as well. that's the 3.5 rather than the accord's 3.0. as far as i know, though, it's the same engine that makes 300 HP in the RL, so we can probably expect between 255-300 HP for this truck if it uses the 3.5, and 240 if it uses the 3.0.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
WTF? It looks like an avalance minus the cladding. And WTF are with the horzontal accents on the sides? That looks fricking FUGLY!

SuRgEoN

Oct 20, 1999
Honda should just stick to the accord. It's the only useful thing they have ever manufactured. This truck is a joke, pretty lame

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Babbles
Ugly as hell and Honda can't even bring themselves to produce a V8 for a truck!! I can almost see their reasoning with keeping a V6 for the Acura line, but not have a V8 for a truck is just crazy talk.

i don't think a transverse V8 would fit. this should be a small size truck, not a full size, being based off the odyssey v. 2.5 platform (mdx, pilot)

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: SuRgEoN
Honda should just stick to the accord. It's the only useful thing they have ever manufactured. This truck is a joke, pretty lame

it IS an accord! :Q

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Sounds like Honda is getting jealous of Toyota's truck sales and wants some of that pie. Not gonna happen with that truck though. I'd buy a Frontier or Titan over that Honda truck. But I'd have to get rid of my Tacoma first, which AIN'T HAPPENIN!

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Evadman
WTF? It looks like an avalance minus the cladding. And WTF are with the horzontal accents on the sides? That looks fricking FUGLY!

That's black tape to hide the actual trim pattern. :p

But yeah, looks like Honda wants to take the "Master of the Ugly POS" crown back from Toyota/Scion. :p

- M4H

TheAudit

Diamond Member
May 2, 2003
Funky.

Looks like a concept you would see at an auto show that never makes it to production.

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire

But yeah, looks like Honda wants to take the "Master of the Ugly POS" crown back from Toyota/Scion. :p

- M4H

which Toyota/Scion vehicle(s) are you talking about M4H? I agree that the Scions (with the exception of the coupe), all Tundra's, and the 2005 Tacoma's are fugly. The 2001-2004 Tacoma's are just awesome. Of course I am biased a bit...

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
v6 accords have 240hp

-patchy

the normal V6 in the Odyssey makes 255 HP as well. that's the 3.5 rather than the accord's 3.0. as far as i know, though, it's the same engine that makes 300 HP in the RL, so we can probably expect between 255-300 HP for this truck if it uses the 3.5, and 240 if it uses the 3.0.

I certainly think it'll be in the upper end, closerto 300hp. I also think they'll bore the engine out to at most 4liters for added torque.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: AmigaMan

- M4H

which Toyota/Scion vehicle(s) are you talking about M4H? I agree that the Scions (with the exception of the coupe), all Tundra's, and the 2005 Tacoma's are fugly. The 2001-2004 Tacoma's are just awesome. Of course I am biased a bit...

Yeah, you pretty much covered it there. :beer::)

- M4H

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
v6 accords have 240hp

-patchy

<nboy22> OMGZ TEH LIES, ALL HONDUHS MAKE 100hp! </nboy22>

- M4H

NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWS!!

(dunno.. reminded me of that)

JDub02

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2002
ugly yet interesting ... i almost like it. it at least makes me want to see what the production version will look like.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
LMAO! I literally busted out laughing when I clicked on the link.

What the hell is that? :Q

LOL

SuRgEoN

Oct 20, 1999
Originally posted by: ElFenix

Ummm No it is not an accord, it's called the Ridgeline. Thanks for playing

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix

Ummm No it is not an accord, it's called the Ridgeline. Thanks for playing

Which is based off the Pilot, which is based off the Odyssey, which is based off the Accord.