Homeworld and Homeworld 2 Remakes announced

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
HD remakes of two of the best RTS games of all time?

It's no Homeworld 3 but I'd bet it's a decent tester of how popular an HW3 would be in these times.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I actually never played these. Always meant to but didn't so I'll be looking forward to it.

Oh wait..its Gearbox...well..so....yea..maybe..

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
If all they do is increase the textures and model detail its fine. If they start messing with the game play, I say burn them at the stake.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Here's hoping gearbox doesn't screw it up. Ohhh wait, Alien Colonial Marines... Duke Nukem Forever.

Sigh.

Jan 15, 2009
If all they do is increase the textures and model detail its fine. If they start messing with the game play, I say burn them at the stake.

Agreed.

Its still one of my most favorite games of all time and play it regularly.

Maybe this will draw attention to the series and perhaps a kickstarter sequel could be borne?

I'd fund the hell outta that.

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Would have rather seen them put on GoG. It will get the most minimal of overhauls and they will charge $30 each for them.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
If its both for $30 with the gfx/model/texture update I would be happy and they can release the originals on GOG for like $5-$9 apiece I would be happy

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Sort of a shame that Cataclysm isn't in there. I know it wasn't a Relic Homeworld and that's probably why it's not being done but I can't help but feel a little sad that it's uniqueness won't be updated in the same way.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
I'll never forget how awed I was, when doing that first(?) mission where you have to save the colony pods. That was truly epic for it's day, and if they don't screw up the gameplay, it could be even better with modern graphics.

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Homeworld 2 still looks good.

I'm still holding out hope for a HD remake of final Fantasy 7.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
I'll never forget how awed I was, when doing that first(?) mission where you have to save the colony pods. That was truly epic for it's day, and if they don't screw up the gameplay, it could be even better with modern graphics.

Third mission...
when you return from your hyperspace test only to find your Homeworld annihilated.

Samuel Barber's Agnus Dei (vocal version of Adagio For Strings, the Platoon movie) playing in the background to that computer-like voice from the mothership and the male narrator softly speaking in after.

The only computer game moment I know that has left me teary-eyed. One of those really impactful moments.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Third mission...
when you return from your hyperspace test only to find your Homeworld annihilated.

Samuel Barber's Agnus Dei (vocal version of Adagio For Strings, the Platoon movie) playing in the background to that computer-like voice from the mothership and the male narrator softly speaking in after.

The only computer game moment I know that has left me teary-eyed. One of those really impactful moments.

Same for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXNQNeLDg5s