Homeland Security now to go after child molesters.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
We look like the god damn Keystone Cops.
---------------------
I think this the result of doing everything with an eye to the vote instead of what is right.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Democracy simply doesn't work. - Kent Brockman

The government has simply run amuk capitulating to every special interest group in the country. Something needs to change, and fast.

Brie

May 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Dudd
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
We look like the god damn Keystone Cops.
---------------------
I think this the result of doing everything with an eye to the vote instead of what is right.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Democracy simply doesn't work. - Kent Brockman

The government has simply run amuk capitulating to every special interest group in the country. Something needs to change, and fast.

I would say that our founding fathers would hate the ?democracy? we have today ....The 4th branch of the government, bureaucracy, has taken over. With oversight over all other branches there is no stopping the inevitability. Yes we are heading towards a textbook fascist state.

I can't understand where the real conservatives are. 1964 Republicans would vomit on Bush. We've never needed real conservatives as bad as we do now. Fascism is smiling.

Yo Yo we are here...down with big government....I say we also need a true democratic party (i.e. a bigger block a little father to the left) In reality we are heading for one party rule in disguise.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Totally. Where's CKG? :)

Gee, with a name like "Homeland Security" you'd think they be, oh I don't know, protecting the homeland! Who knows? Maybe Ridge will be bustin' down the doors of some P2P file sharers next. I mean they're clearly a danger to our homeland, right?

Wow - didn't know people wanted my opinion so badly
rolleye.gif

So here you go DM, got some flying pigs brewing posteriorly? ;)

I've said it before so now I'll say it again. Ridge and his "homeland security" can take a flying leap and just for the record(again) I hope they take Asscroft and his DMCA and patriot act with them. I don't see the need for more Beurocracy when we have the ATF, CIA, and FBI(and any other you can lump into the "intelligence" category) We were doing just fine in the facist department long before they sprung this Homeland BS on us.;)

So how do you like them apples?:D Gonad? Bleep? DealMonkey?

Oh, and incase you were wondering - I had noticed this thread earlier this afternoon and read the first few post but didn't feel the need to add anything since most points had been raised, I just got around to reading the whole thread again.

CkG

D

Deleted member 4644

I for one hate this new move....
WTF are they smoking in DC????

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
There is no need to make a long post pointing out the idiocy of the people denying that children and their safety should be paramount. It's rather obvious and doesn't need any futher clarification

LOL

even if they strip you of all your rights you would still defend anything that has to do with this administration.

You are applying the same logic from a few months back.

-Before the war started everyone who was against the Bush policy was an unpatriotic american.
-Now you are implying that people who have questions about the involvement of the Home Security dept. with child molesters are child abusers.

And you and your buddies claim to live in the greatest democracy of the world - oh the irony