Homeland Security caught violent British visa carrying dark hair foreigner trying to enter USA at LA airport

babylon5

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2000
Thank god America screens everyone trying to enter USA and caught them before
they hurt Americans!

LINK

"Smile" singer Lily Allen is trying to wear a brave face after immigration officials unexpectedly revoked her U.S. working visa as she prepares for her upcoming tour.

The perky songstress was searched and detained for five hours after being stopped at Los Angeles airport Sunday.

"Understandably she was upset," her London rep confirms to PEOPLE. "She has no idea why she was singled out for such treatment and found the whole experience distressing."

"I am trying everything I can to sort this situation out," Allen said in a statement released to PEOPLE. "I want my fans to know that I will do everything I can to be back in America in September. I don't like letting my fans down and this is a situation that I am sure we can sort."

The entertainer, who said she had been enjoying life down under, had flown into the U.S. from Australia to attend the MTV video music awards launch in Las Vegas.

Her unscheduled meeting with U.S. officials was triggered by Immigration and Naturalization Services concerns following her arrest in London in March when she allegedly clashed with a photographer.

Allen was arrested June 28 for punching a pap in London and later posted bail. "She attended a police station on July 19 in central London and cautioned for common assault," a police rep confirms to PEOPLE.

The 22-year-old, currently at her hotel in Los Angeles, is due to leave the U.S. and return to the U.K, within the next few days, according to her rep. She needs a new work visa to perform a string of live American dates scheduled for next month.

"It is my intention to play my American dates in September. This depends on the authorities granting me a new work visa. I want my fans to know that I will do everything I can to be back in America," she reiterated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When will these wacky foreigners learn the proper way to enter USA is thru the desert south of border?
They never learn.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Wait, you mean foreign musicians need work visas to play in the U.S. ???

...that's retarded!

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Her unscheduled meeting with U.S. officials was triggered by Immigration and Naturalization Services

its ICE you dimwits.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Citrix
Her unscheduled meeting with U.S. officials was triggered by Immigration and Naturalization Services

its ICE you dimwits.

She was sure put on ICE like a Terrist should be.

Cute looking Terrist she is at that too.

I feel so much safer now, don't you?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Jeebus, what is it with some of you and highly exagerated or down-right inaccurate thread titles?

This doens't have anything to do whatsoever with terrorism, or racism as your thread title implies "dark hair foreigner "

What it MAY be about are some dissapointed fans and some excessively stricy rules on work visa's.

Fern

Edit: This kinda crap is getting real real old, If know my posting history here, you'd know I don't do personal insults but I'm about to start. This kinda crap is insipid and a waste of time.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Funny that INS detained her considering the INS doesn't exist anymore. I think they must have been agents of Lily's archenemy Amy Winehouse. Gotta love People.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Funny that INS detained her considering the INS doesn't exist anymore. I think they must have been agents of Lily's archenemy Amy Winehouse. Gotta love People.

INS doesn't exist anymore? who do we report illegals to now?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: daveymark

ICE

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: JD50

ICE
Wow, I'm out of touch. When did that happen?

Got to love the neo-Orwellian acronym. Seems very fitting considering the environment of today's government.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: jjones
Originally posted by: JD50

ICE
Wow, I'm out of touch. When did that happen?

Got to love the neo-Orwellian acronym. Seems very fitting considering the environment of today's government.

When everything else happened, shortly after 9/11. INS was absorbed into Homeland Sec and then divided into three other agencies...in order to streamline governmental response and coordination :)

Wiki breaks it down for you.

colonel

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
I dont think ICE work in the airports they do the raid in USA work place, the DHS old INS inspectors has the RIGHT to stop any alien for interrogation, and they are enforcing the law in a hard way. I was coming in from Europe and I saw a little room with a lot of aliens ready to be ship back home.