Home remodeling programs?

I should post this in "Software..." but I figure more people here would know about this. Does anyone know of any home remodeling programs for Windows?

I am looking for something like they have at Home Depot where you can make a blueprint of a home, with wall lengths and heights. I downloaded a couple from the net but they sucked. Anyone know of any?

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I use FloorPlan 3D version 5.0 from IMSI. It is ok, but has limitations. I think most of the design programs have various limitations.

Beware though... others I have talked to have encountered a lot of bugs using this program

I am designing my house right now. I have come to the realization that consumer type programs can give you a sense of how things will look, and basic floor plans... that sort of thing. For the true program to do blueprints, you should look into something like AutoCAD.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
You should also look into hiring a structural engineer to check your plans. ;)

Thanks for the help. I just need to make a basic blueprint of a condo. I need to get some of the room re-done and I would like to have the dimensions of all the rooms on paper.