Home Gym Suggestions?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jbourne77
Originally posted by: Amused
PERFECT!!!

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/92563-la.html

This will allow you to do lat pulldowns if you're not strong enough to do body weight pull ups. It will also let you do cable rows.

And at $199 it's a HELL of a deal!! I mean that!

jbourne77 this is EXACTLY what I would get.

The one without the weight stack. You can just use the one that takes the plates you will already own... just 199!!!

HELL OF A DEAL!

Sorry for what is probably a stupid question, but the horizonatal railes on the sides will allow me to safely perform presses and squats, correct? If it does, it certainly looks like a steel and exactly what I'm looking for.

Sorry... I don't always understand what I'm looking at when it comes to this equipment.

That link is for the Lat attachment only I do believe

C-92563-LA -OS
LAT ATTACHMENT OLY/STD. FOR POWER RACK
Reg. $399: Sale: $199.99 + FRT
C-92563-SLA LAT ATTACHMENT WITH 200 LB. STACK FOR POWER RACK
Reg. $699: Sale: $399.99 + FRT

The Rack system is here

C-92563 POWER RACK
Reg. $449: Sale: $299.99 Free Freight

Rack system price and Rack system with Lat attachment price

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Thread seems a little old but my suggestion is to buy freeweights if you have the space. You can do just about everything with freeweights to increase size and strength and there are only a few things that can be done with a Bowflex. There's just not enough weight on the Bowflex to really do much except for toning unless you fork out a lot of money.