Home Audio fans...picked up my first set of speakers!

jcuadrado

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
Not sure if I got a great deal...but whatever....I picked up an open box set of these from Circuit City....$249 for the set minus cables (ok though since I was gonna change em anyway), 20 bucks for the extended warranty...I plan to use them with this right here

What do you guys think? I live in a condo...I can't even crank it up to much!!!

-JC

Goi

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
HK isn't known for their speakers. They make ok electronics though, but in recent times their quality has been lacking and suspect at best. For $449, you could do better with a Denon or Onkyo receiver with more power , sound quality and features than the HK unit. I've never heard of the speakers you got, but rest assured they're not audiophile hifi stuff...however if you don't crank it up too high it should be ok.

res1bhmg

Banned
Jul 25, 2002
Those speakers are pretty nice for small setups. Some people don't like the idea of sub/sat for home theater, but I think if you calibrate it right (correct positioning, SPL metering), than you will be more than thrilled with the outcome.

You paid about market value for the speakers; an average deal.

And Goi is right; they aren't really hi-fi, but unless you had a couple grand in your backpocket that you forgot about, I wouldn't blame you for starting out small.

Jan 9, 2002
For your living conditions, it's about as close to perfect as you can get- great job! That's a sweet deal. hk makes great stuff.

jcuadrado

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
well...thanks for the replies peeps....well...I really happy and that's what counts :D

but anyways....picked up the AVR 125 online new for 330 shipped...so I stayed under $600 (my limit) for my first ever system....

I figured it should sound better than the cheaper all in one units...even though some I've heard sound good to me..

Off I go to buy some cables...