Holy Mother Effing RAIN

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Its been raining HEAVY for the past two hours and showing no signs of letting up. I dont think Ive ever seen this much of a downpour in 30 years living here! Anyone else in the tri state area up at this time? Its gonna take me forever to commute home!!! Damn!

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
I've experienced some heavy rains where I live in years passed...how many inches/hr are you getting?

I remember another in 1993, but can't find specific information on it. I was 10 at the time. :)

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
It's starting to storm up here too. When it rained bad a few weeks back, it was horrible. Luckily, I'm home right now & managed to plug the shower drain with a couple t-shirts to stop the water from coming in & flooding the place again.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: jamesbond007
I've experienced some heavy rains where I live in years passed...how many inches/hr are you getting?

Not sure, but in about 6-8 minutes I've got a solid 3 inches filled up in the backyard that is about 18'x14' plus raised soil at the sides. The drain is working hard, & isn't clogged. Last time, the weather was just a little bit stronger, as water actually backed up in the gutters & started dripping through the seams.

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Make sure you have a generator to run your sump pumps if/when the power goes out. Nothing like backed up sewage...so keep an eye downstairs if you have one!