Holy Jeebus! I just played Metroid Prime for 8 hours!

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I bought myself a gamecube yesterday on impulse when I saw that the local PX here had a copy of Metroid Prime for sale and after getting home I opened it all up and started playing. I didn't have too much time to play last night, but I woke up today and immediately began again. 8 hours later I realized that the entire day was wasted and I turned off the system.

All I can say is WOW!
This is easily the best game I've ever played. An absolute perfect 10 game. Anyone who likes playing video games has got to acquire a copy of this somehow... eithere borrow it from a friend, rent a cube and the game from blockbuster, or just go out and buy a gamecube and the game. Well anyways, I just thought I'd let some people know. Now back to your regularly scheduled posting :D

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
4 hours of playing... and i feel sick... like i need to get out or something. i could only imagine what 8 hours feel like...

Glad you enjoyed the game... seems like everyone is too... :)

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
i love this game... the last time anything like that happened was on n64, where one day me and my bro played zelda for more than 11 hours straight

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Tiger Woods 2003 for PS2 is owning me right now.

I'm going to play more once I get home from work tonight. :D

johneetrash

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
almost 18 hours to beat it hte first time.. under 8 to get 100% the 2nd time :) im on hard mode right now ;)

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I'm like so lost in Metroid Prime. :confused:

I'm wandering around circles trying to find out where to go.

johneetrash

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
what part are you at?

btw if you havent already, go back to place uve been before and find missle expansions, you'll need them :)

joohang

Lifer
Oct 22, 2000
I keep dying at Phazon Mines. LOL

I have 105 missiles and 11 energy tanks, though. haha. I suck. :)

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
I thought the game was incredibly boring my bro rented it for his gamecube and i just wasnt impressed. :(

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
I love metroid prime. Too bad they got rid of a few useful attacks or moves like Jump Ball and Screw attack.

I beat Metroid Fusion on gba and hooked it up to the Game Cube and unlocked the original metroid. Another great game :D

FeathersMcGraw

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK
I'm like so lost in Metroid Prime. :confused:

Make sure you haven't disabled hint mode in the options. It should periodically pop up a message indicating that you should check your map (Z button) to look for a ? icon which indicates where you should go next.

joohang

Lifer
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: wfbberzerker
man, ive only got like 45 missiles and 6 energy tanks at phazon mines, time to go back :p

I cheated to get missiles and energy tanks.. :eek:

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I hope I get this game for Christmas. But at this point, I have no clue what I'm getting.. :( If not, I'll buy it with cash sent to me :)
-- mrcodedude

joohang

Lifer
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: MrCodeDude
I hope I get this game for Christmas. But at this point, I have no clue what I'm getting.. :( If not, I'll buy it with cash sent to me :)
-- mrcodedude

So did you get it? :)