Holy @#!! I've just been robbed :(

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Man that sucks :(

Hope you get some $$$ back out of it to replace your stuff.

Koing

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Sorry to hear, and I hope the person(s) who did it are caught. However, you were burglarized and not robbed. Robbery requires force or threat on your person.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
I believe if it was sold to a game store like EB they are required to hold the items for a week before they can be sold, so you might want to check around today, and in a few days. But often times stores will just break the law and sell the items.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Anyway, I've already found a lot that's missing. My game collection, my hobby and passion, seems to be the hardest hit. Luckily, they only focused on the modern stuff but that's going to be the most expensive to replace :(

So far:

$74.88 + tax Nintendo Gamecube
$35 + shipping Official Nintendo Gamecube Component Cables
$35 + tax Nintendo Wavebird
$30 + tax Nintendo Platinum Wavebird
$35 + shipping Nintendo Gamecube Broadband Adapter
$35 + shipping Sealed and new Nintendo Gamecube Broadband Adapter (Yes, they took two)
$50 + tax Eternal Darkness
$50 + shipping Mario Sunshine
$50 + tax Metroid Prime
Over $50 + tax Luigi's Mansion (Forced bundle totaled more than the cost of the GC + games @ $50)
$30 + tax Waverace: Bluestorm
$30 + tax 1080 Avalanche with special Wal-Mart Promo mini-DVD
$28.XX + tax Wario World
$50 + tax Pikmin
$30 + tax Mario Golf (Target Tour version)
$50 + tax Super Smash Bros. Melee
Over $50 + tax Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (Forced bundle totaled more than the cost of the GC + games @ $50)
$30 + tax Rogue Squadron III
$5 + tax Rogue Squadron III Preview Disc
Free Rogue Squadron III Preview Disc
Free Gamecube promotional Mini-CD-ROM
Free thanks to Jack Skellington of Penny-Arcade forums but worth ~$15 + shipping Pac-Man Vs.
$50 + tax Mario Kart Double Dash
Free but hard to replace Mario Kart Double Dash Bonus Disc
$50 + tax Gameboy Player and boot disc
$30 + tax Action Replay and AR memory card
$25 + shipping Freeloader
$25 + tax Advance Game Port and boot disc
$50 + shipping Imported Nintendo Puzzle Collection
$50 + tax Animal Crossing
$50 + tax The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
Free but valuable and hard to replace. The Legend of Zelda Master Quest Bonus Disc
Free but valuable and hard to replace. The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
$18 + tax Memory Card 251
$20 + tax Memory Card 251
Valued at $20 + tax Memory Card 251 (Included with second copy of Mario Party 4)
Over $15 + tax Memory Card 59 (Forced reserval bundle totaled more than the cost of the GC + games &amp; accessories)
$10 + tax Memory Card 59
Free but hard/impossible to replace Animal Crossing Memory Card 59 with unique "special gift"
$50 + tax Starfox Adventures
$50 + tax F-Zero GX
$50 + tax Phantasy Star Online (No, I don't play it. It's my boot disc for DOL and GCM files)
$75 + tax Mario Party 4 + Wavebird K-Mart bundle
$10 + tax Official platinum Gamecube disc case
$7.99 + tax indigo Official Gamecube disc case
Free but hard to replace black/round official Gamecube disc case (ONLY included with the special Wal-Mart bundle). Worth at least $10.

XBOX Games:
$15 + tax Sega Gunvalkyrie
$100 + tax Capcom Steel Battalion (HA HA! Useless without the complete $200 set with Steel Battalion controller for XBOX ;))
$19.88 + tax XBOX Music Mixer
$0.01 Lucas Arts Demo Disc
$0.01 Lucas Arts Demo Disc (Yes, I bought them for a penny each so it's not much of a loss but I wanted them for the spare disc cases which are worth more)

$15 + tax Sega Dreamcast
$8 + tax Sega Dreamcast Controller
$6 + tax Sega Dreamcast VMU
$6 + tax SegaDreamcast VMU

$50 + tax Sony PSone console + controller
$90.99 + tax Official Sony PSone LCD
$15 + tax Official Sony PSone Dual Shock controller
Free with console but worth $20 + tax Official Sony PSone carrying case (Made it convenient for the little bastards)
$22.XX + tax Official Sony Dual Shock 2 controller

i bet some of those games are worth a lot more nowadays

Reactions: CZroe

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
i bet some of those games are worth a lot more nowadays
They are... recalling the GameCube stuff alone I had a lot of rare variants, bonus discs, some import titles, Eternal Darkness, etc. Even the specialty video cables sell for over $300 (mail-order-only official Nintendo progressive-scan digital to analog YPbPr component cables that were only finally cloned a few years ago). D:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
That was 17 years ago. My security system was just torn off the house in an EF-4 tornado. The last footage it recorded just before the outage:
The closest thing I have to “after” shots starts at 3:30 here:

Won’t be any actual before/after shots from the security footage. Didn’t get power back for over a week and after nearly three weeks of no home Internet I finally transferred service to another address. Even if I had both of those, my camera was ripped off the house by a falling tree and the support columns on the porch are splitting, so it’s not going back up any time soon. Not much left to see in an “after” shot now since the trees have already been chopped up/moved, the car has already been totaled out and towed off, etc.

• Wow
Reactions: Muse

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Did you ever find out who stole them? Maybe landlords daughter?
It was definitely her and her friend. Not sure why I ever entertained the idea that someone slipped by her while she was sleeping to get upstairs where we rented. She had knowledge of what was in there and was under house arrest, so no alibi.

Her friend had no business going upstairs except to use the common area bathroom and yet it was the second time we smelled his cigarette smoke in our rooms when coming home. Each time his car was gone shortly later, like he was prompted to leave by us coming home. I’m sure we interrupted him the first time and it was no coincidence that he came back with a bag of pot right after the second time (only time I had ever seen those two with pot). I remember writing a letter to the landlord’s daughter offering a no-questions-asked reward but she never even responded to refute it.

Her brother was my best friend and I used to babysit her when I was a teenager, so we knew each other well. She had only recently grown into a delinquent as she neared adulthood, hence being under house arrest for stealing her mother’s debit card. When that incident happened we never talked again, not even at shared events with her brother like Thanksgiving, wedding, etc. She knew that I had reason to hold a grudge. That said, she did send me a Facebook friend request a few years ago that I have not responded to.

The police told my brother that they were sending an investigator for prints but that investigator never came. When we called back and asked why they said they can’t send one after the reporting officers have left the scene... but they were literally leaving as they told us to expect the investigator! We never would’ve let them leave if we knew that. Neither her nor her friend had any business touching our stuff and at least one of them left prints on the empty game cases so it would’ve been an open/shut case. Her friend drives a very distinctive Saturn with custom graphics so it wasn’t hard to find out where he worked (nearby gas station). Knowing that he was in our rooms without authorization both days was enough to justify investigating him.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: SKORPI0