8rda+ c1 stepping according to cpuz
5 case fans,ys tek, sk-7
CPU:1.75v Mem:2.77v
idle: 32-34C
load: 38-39c

Loads after 20hours prime or after hardcore
gaming

The temps drop 7-8c from my last place

Also i cant believe im getting this kind of oc with just 1.75v. Actuallt ill post later my volts might be lower than that. Im at work

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
Actually ive talked to people who have tested temps with a probe and said temps are about 5-6c hotter /w diode. Also Xp chips are safe up to 85c

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: FFactory0x
Actually ive talked to people who have tested temps with a probe and said temps are about 5-6c hotter /w diode. Also Xp chips are safe up to 85c

How could they have possibly tested the temp that the ondiode chip is reading? They can't. Fact is, our cooling is almost EXACTLY the same yet you somehow manage to get ~7C idle and ~10C load cooler temps. That is purely because the 8rda doesn't read the right temps. Thats all I am saying. I know that AMD chips are good till 85, this discussion isn't about your system being too hot, cause I know it isn't, its only about the correct temps.

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
i dunno, whatever. In fact im back now and see that my vcore is 1.72 not 1.75
Think i should try for faster

high

Banned
Sep 14, 2003
Excelsior has a real problem accepting some of us are lucky enough to have a lot lower temps with less expensive cooling solutions. :)

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: high
Excelsior has a real problem accepting some of us are lucky enough to have a lot lower temps with less expensive cooling solutions. :)

And you have a real problem admitting that your temps are being incorectly read. What part DON'T you undertsandabout this guy having the SAME "inexepensive" cooling solution I have, but at a higher voltage, yet "cooler" by 7-10c
rolleye.gif
. Face it you fvcking idiot, your temps are wrong, and so are FFactory0x's (but at least he realizes this). Did you even check the link? The 8rda doesn't read the on-diode temp of the Athlon XP chips. If you can't see that, keep blindly thinking "I HAVE TEH UBAR TEMPS WIF MY INEXPENSIVE COOLING SOLUTION MANG", but otherwise, STFU.

:|

high

Banned
Sep 14, 2003
Whoa man, don't hurt yourself. You're wrong, I know my temps are 100% tested and true, tried the zantec tonight and it also reported 33, and it's actually at 31.5 right now chillin :) So yeah I checked the link and that would be cool if it was my board, lol. But anyways, yeah, it's nice having an overclocked cool cpu.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Whoa man, don't hurt yourself. You're wrong, I know my temps are 100% tested and true, tried the zantec tonight and it also reported 33, and it's actually at 31.5 right now chillin :) So yeah I checked the link and that would be cool if it was my board, lol. But anyways, yeah, it's nice having an overclocked cool cpu.

I won't hurt myself, don't worry. But see, you don't understand where the diode is do you? It is IN the Athlon XP. Unless you have stuck a thermistor into the chip itself while it is on, you aren't getting the correct temps. Did your mother drop you as a child? Did it ever occur to you, being that both yours and FFactory0x's systems are reporting close to the same incorrect temps that your board has the same problem as his?

Now let me repeat myself.
I have the exact same cooling setup as you and Ffactory0x, if not better, yet both of you are reporting temps 7-10c cooler than mine. That means that since we know Ffactory0xs board doesn't report the diode temps, his temps are obviously wrong. Now, using logic and reasoning, what can we say about your board? Ahh yes, THAT IT IS DOING THE SAME GODDAMNED THING.

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
Jesus Christ Guys. Chill out. Arguing over freakin temps. All i have to say is its like 45-50F in my back room right now so i know its chilled out so thats why im not adding alot to the 34/38 temp. I mean i feel the cool air coming out the back. But anyway, i dont think we should be arguing. This forum is to help people out not to be a$$'s and argue over the dumbest $hit. If you (meaning all members) have to argue over computer stuff, seriiously throw you comp out the window and go outside!

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I think ffactory0x is just showing that HIS temps are cooler than they were I don't see why theres peopel getting all bent out of shape. so the temps are not exactly corret they are still less than before.

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
exactly. All im trying to say is even if you add 5c to it, my temps are pretty damn good for air along with the nice oc i have

panagrass

Oct 1, 2003
45-50F is really cold ambient temps, as 32f is freezing, which explains why he is getting better temps then you with a very similar setup. that is unless you also live in Siberia or Canada or some other cold place :)

Richdog

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Excelsior

And you have a real problem admitting that your temps are being incorectly read. What part DON'T you undertsandabout this guy having the SAME "inexepensive" cooling solution I have, but at a higher voltage, yet "cooler" by 7-10c
rolleye.gif
. Face it you fvcking idiot, your temps are wrong, and so are FFactory0x's (but at least he realizes this). Did you even check the link? The 8rda doesn't read the on-diode temp of the Athlon XP chips. If you can't see that, keep blindly thinking "I HAVE TEH UBAR TEMPS WIF MY INEXPENSIVE COOLING SOLUTION MANG", but otherwise, STFU.

Hmmm... spot the angst-ridden, troubled, zit-encrusted teenager with an attitude, BWAHAHAHAHA! :beer:

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Richdog

rolleye.gif

Hmmm... spot the angst-ridden, troubled, zit-encrusted teenager with an attitude, BWAHAHAHAHA! :beer:

You fvcking idiot. What would you know about me personally? Nothing at all. I am far from angst ridden/troubled/or zit encrusted. If you aren't gonna argue one way or another, or try to shut me up, stop with the personal attacks ok? Grow up.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: FFactory0x
Jesus Christ Guys. Chill out. Arguing over freakin temps. All i have to say is its like 45-50F in my back room right now so i know its chilled out so thats why im not adding alot to the 34/38 temp. I mean i feel the cool air coming out the back. But anyway, i dont think we should be arguing. This forum is to help people out not to be a$$'s and argue over the dumbest $hit. If you (meaning all members) have to argue over computer stuff, seriiously throw you comp out the window and go outside!

I am not trying to argue. My intentions were not to make people angry or get in a fight. I was merely trying to point out errors in temperatures. However, 45-50f IS very cold. That does make sense.

Optimummind

Jul 19, 2002

I won't hurt myself, don't worry. But see, you don't understand where the diode is do you? It is IN the Athlon XP. Unless you have stuck a thermistor into the chip itself while it is on, you aren't getting the correct temps. Did your mother drop you as a child? Did it ever occur to you, being that both yours and FFactory0x's systems are reporting close to the same incorrect temps that your board has the same problem as his?

Now let me repeat myself.
I have the exact same cooling setup as you and Ffactory0x, if not better, yet both of you are reporting temps 7-10c cooler than mine. That means that since we know Ffactory0xs board doesn't report the diode temps, his temps are obviously wrong. Now, using logic and reasoning, what can we say about your board? Ahh yes, THAT IT IS DOING THE SAME GODDAMNED THING.

Optimummind

Jul 19, 2002
You guys really need to relax. If it makes you feel better, I have lower temperatures than all of you with my Koolance Exos watercooling setup. Idle is 24-25 C and load is 31 C at 2.61GHz (overclocked from 2.4GHz).

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Optimummind
You guys really need to relax. If it makes you feel better, I have lower temperatures than all of you with my Koolance Exos watercooling setup. Idle is 24-25 C and load is 31 C at 2.61GHz (overclocked from 2.4GHz).

Yours is understandable though. WCing.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
I am not trying to argue. My intentions were not to make people angry or get in a fight. I was merely trying to point out errors in temperatures. However, 45-50f IS very cold. That does make sense.

jeez 45f in a room? no heating?

my 2.4ghz @ 1.85v runs at 48c load.:p slk-800 +zalman 92mm lowrpm fan. well atleast tahts what the m/b says.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
Originally posted by:

my 2.4ghz @ 1.85v runs at 48c load.:p slk-800 +zalman 92mm lowrpm fan. well atleast tahts what the m/b says.

how'd you shimmy a 92mm fan on a slk0800?