Holy! First woman player dunks in a WNBA game!

SirDante

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2000
Lisa Leslie did it tonight against Miami. Good for her and the WNBA.

Dunk

Yeah, I know she's 6'5" so I expect a few
rolleye.gif
and she probably wouldn't start for a lot of high school varsity boys teams, but it's still quite an accomplishment and you'll likely see a few commercials about this.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
So.. what I'd really like to know is whether if the WNBA really catches on and continues for years, will we gradually see taller and taller women players, to the point where half the team is over 7'...?

Bobomatic

Dec 31, 2001
omg, I always thought women are equal to men, then I see that sad dunk, and my standard was lowered. oh, that was the first dunk too.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Bobomatic
omg, I always thought women are equal to men, then I see that sad dunk, and my standard was lowered. oh, that was the first dunk too.

most of the NCAA tourney teams could beat the WNBA champs each year. theres very few sports where women are more entertaining than men to watch. tennis is one of them (and not because of anna k). there more parity and less aces in women's tennis so you get more competitive matches.

ah what the hell do i know.

cchen

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: SirDante
Lshe probably wouldn't start for a lot of high school varsity boys teams

What kind of dumbass comment is that? Lisa Leslie was great in her prime. Hell I bet you would be cut from the WNBA

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: Bobomatic

most of the NCAA tourney teams could beat the WNBA champs each year. theres very few sports where women are more entertaining than men to watch. tennis is one of them (and not because of anna k). there more parity and less aces in women's tennis so you get more competitive matches.

ah what the hell do i know.
In the girls defense, when they first started and they participated in the 3 point shootout with the men at the all-star game, a girl shot the highest percentage of 3 pointers. I think when it comes to outside shooting, pull up jumpers, and free throws that the girls can hold their own quite well. As far as dunking is concerned, I think as the girls get more agressive you will see much more dunking ;)

SirDante

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2000
Originally posted by: cchen

What kind of dumbass comment is that? Lisa Leslie was great in her prime. Hell I bet you would be cut from the WNBA

I stand by my comment, dumbass.

gplanet

Jan 5, 2002
isn't there some woman in the WNBA who is 7'2"? and she hasn't dunked? i'm 5'8" and can almost dunk, plus i'm white ..i'll get there within a year or two

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
kinda sad to be proud of that:p a dunk! oh no:p too bad all of em look like men, their uniforms don't help. might as well just watch the men:p

timmyG

Oct 12, 2000
anybody seen that clip where a woman goes for the first dunk and dinks it off the front of the rim. i was lmao for lke 2 minutes straight when i saw that. i think it might have been lisa leslie, but im not sure.

timmyG

Oct 12, 2000
i think a better title than that would be "fans drunk and somehow attended a WNBA game"

milagro

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: cchen

I stand by my comment, dumbass.

aren't you embarassed? i'd rather fall into forum obscurity

johneetrash

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: timmyG
anybody seen that clip where a woman goes for the first dunk and dinks it off the front of the rim. i was lmao for lke 2 minutes straight when i saw that. i think it might have been lisa leslie, but im not sure.

yah, i believe lisa tried to dunk during the first season and missed. it took her 3 (?) years to finally get one down :p