Holy F! Hillary being interviewed by Howard Stern

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
There was also a lack of fire in her responses. For someone allegedly wronged by a vast right wing conspiracy, her criticisms were muted and nothing we haven’t heard before. It’s as if she moderated her tone in the event she decided to jump back into the game.

Losing was everyone's fault but her own.

Reactions: blankslate

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Howard does a great job of disarming his guests so that he can ask the tough questions later. Those questions never really came.

There was also a lack of fire in her responses. For someone allegedly wronged by a vast right wing conspiracy, her criticisms were muted and nothing we haven’t heard before. It’s as if she moderated her tone in the event she decided to jump back into the game.

Stern also didn’t really address the complex relationship he has with Trump.

They’re not hard to find. When Trump announced his candidacy, I was like, does no one listen to Howard Stern?
I think her interview answers that question. People would label her hysterical, angry woman etc. Michelle Obama got that same attack from right wingers except it was angry black woman.

There were plenty of youtube clips. DNC could have cut them up to make a devastating set of ads. Either Sirius threatened to sue or maybe they though pussy grab recording didn't sink him so why bother.

Feb 4, 2009
I think her interview answers that question. People would label her hysterical, angry woman etc. Michelle Obama got that same attack from right wingers except it was angry black woman.

There were plenty of youtube clips. DNC could have cut them up to make a devastating set of ads. Either Sirius threatened to sue or maybe they though pussy grab recording didn't sink him so why bother.

I’m no expert at this matter but I suspect they are all copyrighted. This is not a news show. I don’t think one could legally pull bootleg YouTube clips and use that in an ad without there being a fine attached and a take down notice.

Feb 4, 2009
On topic but less serious. I would love her to stop by for the “news” segment of the show sometime. Pop in before the show ends bullshit for 10 minutes then have Robin do the news and provide commentary. Go with the standard Stern Show news segment, don’t go deep into Politics.
I’d also love to hear her on Election Day, not a full multi hour show. Maybe 60 minutes, Howard asks some light political questions and she just talks. Be even better if Bill showed up too.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

That's the thing, anyone who wasn't going to vote for Trump because he's a lout already had the Access Hollywood tape.

I’m no expert at this matter but I suspect they are all copyrighted. This is not a news show. I don’t think one could legally pull bootleg YouTube clips and use that in an ad without there being a fine attached and a take down notice.

I'd think Fair Use would apply there, no?

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Lordy complains about coverage of Trump’s basically shitty behavior “normalizing” him and then complains about his shitty behavior not being used more against him.
The "normalizing" was more an issue during the Primary when he received an unwarranted amount of coverage and attention for entertainment value.

Reactions: Starbuck1975
Feb 4, 2009
That's the thing, anyone who wasn't going to vote for Trump because he's a lout already had the Access Hollywood tape.

I'd think Fair Use would apply there, no?

Not so sure about that, plus does any non deplorable campaign want to have a copyright complaint or be asked to take content down.
Similar to campaign music, they can hire a DJ who has rights to play the music but does any non deplorable want the creator to ask them to not use it?

Feb 4, 2009
This dumb hag can't just fall over and die? Does she have to keep fucking her own party this hard?

I don’t think you listened. Majority of the interview was personal stuff like how did you meet Bill? How was your life changed as state/federal First Lady? How do you & Bill go to the movies? Why do you say this woman (in your book) is one of the best women?

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Not so sure about that, plus does any non deplorable campaign want to have a copyright complaint or be asked to take content down.
Similar to campaign music, they can hire a DH who has rights to play the music but does any non deplorable want the creator to ask them to not use it?

If I was managing a campaign I wouldn't care about that. Fair use is fair use, and using copyrighted material within the limits of fair use is not deplorable at all. I wouldn't have used it for the other reason I brought up.

The campaign music is a different issue. Regularly using a song as a campaign theme will tend to associate that song with the campaign, and if you do it over the protest of the artist you do kind of look like a dick.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I don’t think you listened. Majority of the interview was personal stuff like how did you meet Bill? How was your life changed as state/federal First Lady? How do you & Bill go to the movies? Why do you say this woman (in your book) is one of the best women?

Any questions about Epstein?

Nov 8, 2012

There just hasn't been anything historically beneficial to society when she opens her trap. Best to always keep it shut before something stupid comes out again.

But hey - it's your party. Do with her as you want... Personally I think she needs to just be a good little rich plutocrat politician and go crawl in a corner and die.

Nov 8, 2012
And yeah - I wouldn't listen to it just based on that it's likely scripted. Ever watched the Joe Rogan show when he interviewed Bernie? It was 100% nothing like what he usually does during interviews and you could easily tell it was all scripted.

Which means you're not trying to have a conversation - it means you're pushing an agenda.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Of course he didn't. Just doing the Fox News parrot

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
And yeah - I wouldn't listen to it just based on that it's likely scripted. Ever watched the Joe Rogan show when he interviewed Bernie? It was 100% nothing like what he usually does during interviews and you could easily tell it was all scripted.

Which means you're not trying to have a conversation - it means you're pushing an agenda.
Geez man do you think a host worth his salt would ask Bill Gates and Conor McGregor the same kinds of questions?

Get over yourself. Howard did ask Hillary about lesbianism

Feb 4, 2009
There just hasn't been anything historically beneficial to society when she opens her trap. Best to always keep it shut before something stupid comes out again.

But hey - it's your party. Do with her as you want... Personally I think she needs to just be a good little rich plutocrat politician and go crawl in a corner and die.

Christ it is an entertainment show, calm the fuck down.
Of course some stuff is scripted. It is a FUCKING ENTERTAINMENT SHOW. I enjoyed it and there (at least what I heard) very little mudslinging.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

Rogan never really challenges any of his guests much, just lets them talk. It's only "scripted" in the sense that Bernie knows his talking points and is pushing an agenda (duh). He's a politician. Certainly wasn't the first one on the show to do it.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Haven't heard the interview, but CNN reporting that she said this about Bernie Sanders:

Asked by Stern whether she hated Sanders for the long primary campaign he ran against her in 2016 and the slowness with which he offered his eventual endorsement, Clinton said "I don't hate anybody," before adding about the time it took Sanders to endorse her: "He could have. He hurt me, there's no doubt about it."
Then she delivered the dagger: "And I hope he doesn't do it again to whoever gets the nomination. Once is enough."

Clinton is right about this. Sanders needs to unify with other democrats this time or we might see another four years of that...thing in office. But will her comment only further the divide among the dems?

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Haven't heard the interview, but CNN reporting that she said this about Bernie Sanders:

Clinton is right about this. Sanders needs to unify with other democrats this time or we might see another four years of that...thing in office. But will her comment only further the divide among the dems?

Nov 8, 2012

Dear god, please tell me you understand what a joke our media is when a mainstream news source is "Hillary Clinton ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED Bernie Sanders in blah blah interview"....

Christ what pathetic times we live in.