Holy crap - Ortiz, Rameriz, Nixon and Varitek

Mojoed

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2004
15 hits in 16 at-bats. That is just insane!

I've never seen anything like this in my life. 5th inning and these four guys have combined for 15 hits already, with 4 HR's and 12 RBI. :Q I wonder if this is approaching some kind of record?

Looks like the Red Sox have finally responded to the surge by the Yankees.

psteng19

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Mojoed

I've never seen anything like this in my life. 5th inning and these four guys have combined for 15 hits already, with 4 HR's and 12 RBI. :Q I wonder if this is approaching some kind of record?

Sorry, one break-out game, not against the Yankess but against the worst team in the division, is hardly considered a "response."

Mojoed

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2004
Originally posted by: psteng19

Sorry, one break-out game, not against the Yankess but against the worst team in the division, is hardly considered a "response."

Sure it's a response. FYI, this "worst team in the division" has already won the season series against the Yanks.

rbrandon

Banned
Oct 10, 2002

I bet you were jumpin for joy when the Skanks dumped 18 and 20 runs on theD-rays tho.
:disgust:

ALso, after last year, the red sox don't have to prove anything to anybody, espscially not those gutless Yanks.

rbrandon

Banned
Oct 10, 2002

Sure it's a response. FYI, this "worst team in the division" has already won the season series against the Yanks.

pwnt

psteng19

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: rbrandon

I bet you were jumpin for joy when the Skanks dumped 18 and 20 runs on theD-rays tho.

Actually I wasn't.

Anomalies such as these mean absolutely nothing, other than the opposing pitcher/team sucks, or they're having a bad day, or the winning team is having a good day.
I would've said the same thing about the Yanks beating up on the D-Rays, or the Bosox for that matter.

If they keep this up, against other teams, esp. against the Yanks, then I'll call it a "response."

BTW, I'm not a Yankees fan, but nice try on the assumption.

rbrandon

Banned
Oct 10, 2002

Actually I wasn't.

Anomalies such as these mean absolutely nothing, other than the opposing pitcher/team sucks.
I would've said the same thing about the Yanks beating up on the D-Rays, or the Bosox for that matter.

If they keep this up, against other teams, esp. against the Yanks, then I'll call it a "response."

you obviously can't read. the red sox don't have to prove anything to anyone. they're doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing against the worst team in the division.

And just in case you haven't been paying attention all year, they've been in first place in the division for all but one day.

PS: this is coming froma met fan.

Mojoed

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2004

Actually I wasn't.

Anomalies such as these mean absolutely nothing, other than the opposing pitcher/team sucks, or they're having a bad day, or the winning team is having a good day.

Anomaly by definition means "a rare exception". You want to see them "keep it up" against the Yanks? How about this.

May 28th, 27 hits, 17-1 win

July 15th. ANOTHER 17-1 win against the Yanks.

Now that it's proven an anomoly doesn't exist, I eagerly await your "response".

psteng19

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2000

Actually I wasn't.

Anomaly by definition means "a rare exception". You want to see them "keep it up" against the Yanks? How about this.

May 28th, 27 hits, 17-1 win

July 15th. ANOTHER 17-1 win against the Yanks.

Now that it's proven an anomoly doesn't exist, I eagerly await your "response".

Good job. You know how to look up new words in the dictionary and tried to make use of recently acquired knowledge right away.
Too bad you embarassed yourself by not using a spell checker.

Since when is one blow-out game considered a "response."
Is it still a response if they win 35-2 tonight but go on to lose 10 straight games after?

And for the record, the anomaly was the 15 hits in 16 AB's which you mentioned.
Not the Boston offense, which we all know they have.