HOLY CRAP old women should NOT drive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
This is so obviously a bad photoshop job, people :) Look at the gray car it doesn't match the other lighting at all :D

subtle fix

on a related note, i was going to my brothers today and saw an old lady in a huge buick...she literally didnt have anything but her hair higher than the steering wheel.

this should be totally illegal.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
The back of the car just doesn't look right to me. Also, that car would have had to of been going FAST.

Originally posted by: cashman
This is so obviously a photoshop job, people :) Look at the gray car it doesn't match the other lighting at all :D

Yea, that's the first thing I said. I don't understand though why they would do a news article about this.......
Probably because it really happened?
I don't see how the "lighting" on the car is any different from the rest of the scene.

Let me argue your point as if it was valid. ;)

On the guys legs the light is coming from the left. Also on the house to the right, you can see the sunlight and the shadows cast on the porch and the post. The snow in the yard of the same house is also being hit with light from the left. As well as the back of the grey car, the back of the red car and the tree. Looks very legit.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Light angles aside, it looks like not only was the guy chopped in there, but the car on top, because its tail light is very different in lighting from the red car below.

TechnoKid

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
Light angles aside, it looks like not only was the guy chopped in there, but the car on top, because its tail light is very different in lighting from the red car below.

One [tailight] is in light and the other is in the shadow. Also you can see the guys reflection in the red acura integra.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I sure as hell can't see his reflection in the acura :D

If the pic is real it looks sh*ty!

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
This is so obviously a photoshop job, people :) Look at the gray car it doesn't match the other lighting at all :D
My first thought also. She had to be accelerating quite hard to get both front and back wheels off the ground as a result... and it'd do a lot more damage to an integra at that kind of speed...

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
I knew it was a chop when I first looked at it. The grey car doesn't match at all. And the guy looks fake too. And why isn't the back of the Buick damaged?

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: dmurray14
holy f'in photoshop batman

also, sucks to be that 7 series behind the integra

Looks like a Dodge Stratus to me....

and it does look photoshopped because of the weird lines and lighting, but I don't see how or why a newspaper would photoshop a picture.

VTrider

Golden Member
Nov 21, 1999
Somebody should repost this and put a POLL asking if it was Photoshopped or not, that would be interesting.

(I still think it's ps)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
you guys are a bunch of tards. that is so obviously photoshopped its not even funny. sorry, but a car would never go backward over another car and cause no damage to the bumper of either car. anyone that has a few functioning braincells would know this. skoorb was definitely right to call BS.

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
yeah that happened near were i live, i saw it in the paper, crazy old people

Dogg

Originally posted by: SWScorch
Originally posted by: dmurray14
holy f'in photoshop batman

also, sucks to be that 7 series behind the integra

Looks like a Dodge Stratus to me....

and it does look photoshopped because of the weird lines and lighting, but I don't see how or why a newspaper would photoshop a picture.
I think it's a previous-generation Pontiac Bonneville

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
I think it looks like a photoshop job. The grey car looks sharper than the rest of the picture. It needs a little bit of a defocus to match the rest of the shot...

Anyone else notice that?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
you guys are a bunch of tards. that is so obviously photoshopped its not even funny. sorry, but a car would never go backward over another car and cause no damage to the bumper of either car. anyone that has a few functioning braincells would know this. skoorb was definitely right to call BS.

I don't know whether that is real or not but my wife's car went under my Blazer. I had to re-mount the gas tank and a new hood for her car.

Our Y2K Crash

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan

I don't know whether that is real or not but my wife's car went under my Blazer. I had to re-mount the gas tank and a new hood for her car.

Our Y2K Crash
wow, that really sucks. what kind of restitution did you get out of them?

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Yet another reason to institute a mandatory driving test for old people.