Holy crap Nyquil taste like crap...

urbantechie

Banned
Jun 28, 2000
Very old thread revived by new member.
admin allisolm

Even though I feel great, i'm still going to drink this medicine. Can't afford being sick on finals week. Anyways, I have the green Original Flavor for Cold/Flu relief. In the bottle it looks like regular liquid, like dimatap or Robitusssen. Well, Once you drink it, it is thick as hell and made me gag like 5 times...but I love the drwosy effect ;):D

Last edited by a moderator:

rhinox99

Golden Member
Sep 5, 2000
I know exactly what you're describing!

Everytime I drink that stuff it makes me wanna barf right afterwards but gotta admit that stuff works. Other icky stuff seems to be pepto and that white antiacid stuff ewwww

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
I'm just curious why you think drinking Nyquil is going to keep you healthy? Or are you just going for drowsy?

urbantechie

Banned
Jun 28, 2000
Yep, taste does not matter when it coes to hwta the medicine does. Last night I felt like crap, stuffy nose, wheezing breath..took it and I feel great.

urbantechie

Banned
Jun 28, 2000

<< I'm just curious why you think drinking Nyquil is going to keep you healthy? Or are you just going for drowsy? >>

Well Acutally, I am just now getting over a flu/cold/fever what ever. I feel better today, but I took it again now just to make sure.

BiggieN

Banned
Apr 3, 2000
you are aware that cold/flu medicine doesn't actually heal you...it just suppresses the symptoms. only antibiotics and anti-viral medicines can &quot;heal&quot; you.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Oh ok, so you are still in the recovering stage. I think the main ingredient in Nyquil that makes you feel better is the alcohol.

urbantechie

Banned
Jun 28, 2000

<< you are aware that cold/flu medicine doesn't actually heal you...it just suppresses the symptoms. only antibiotics and anti-viral medicines can &quot;heal&quot; you. >>

Ignorance is bliss!

BiggieN

Banned
Apr 3, 2000
sorry...geez. i hate it when my mom used to tell me to take my medicine, it'll make me better. so i went and did research on medicines primarily off-the-counter stuff...all this back when i was 10. i was a bored little kid back then. i still am...

rhinox99

Golden Member
Sep 5, 2000
While were on the topic of medicine and stuff,
what's a good thing to take for a minor cough? It's not one of those nasty ones but it's been lingering for about two weeks now, nothing painful but I just cough once in a while

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Actually Nyquil does help, by supressing the symptoms, it allows full rest, which is what helps your body more than anything to fend of and defeat viruses.

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, at least get the red stuff if you're gonna drink Nyquil recreationally. :p

It tastes a smigden better. JUST a smidgen though. ::shudder::

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
No forget the Red stuff... you must buy only &quot;Green Death&quot; Nyquil. Dennis Leary did a comedy routine about Nyquil and its god-awful taste. But that 10% alcohol makes the whole experience worthwhile :)

l2c

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Try some dayquil... it'll clear your head right up as soon as you swallow it and then your eyes get reeaallly wide for the rest of the day ;)

Fandu

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
You think nyquil tastes bad? It taste like sugarry cherry goodness compared to Buckleys. Now that stuff taste bad, but I have to say that it works wonders.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
nyquil might taste like crap, and make you wanna puke... but that stuff is pure liquid magic when it comes to flu... or insomnia ;)

Lily27

Dec 24, 2000
Just drink it like ur taking a shot :)

just open ur throat up and it'll be gone in a sec.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
I took it once, fell right asleep, and woke up sicker than I was before I took it. I don't know if it was the medicine or just some prob with congestion in my inner ear, but I was dizzy to the point of being sick for 3 days. At any rate, I haven't used it since, lol.

Huma

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I remember the first time I tried nyquil. Dropped my ass into bed fast. Felt so good the next morning compared to the other days.

My friend drank too much one day when he was sick and we went down to seattle to walk around, and he was pretty &quot;stoned&quot; for the rest of the day.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
If you want something that tastes bad go get yourself some powdered augmentin from your doctor and mix it with some water or whatever it was you have to mix it with... milk or water im not sure.. I just know I'm NEVER going to take that crap again free sample or not.