Holy crap... marriage must suck bad...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
i spent my summer at school doing work, but none of my friends are here since they went home for summer. very lonely, makes me want a g/f again :(

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Wait until you're 40 and you realize that 'Friends with Benefits' just doesn't work anymore. You'll be one of the fat bald guys who oogle young girls while they turn away in disgust and you think you're too smooth.

There's actually a great deal of truth to this statement. Don't rush to get married; but don't waste too much time either. How much time to waste? Varies by individual, unfortunately. There is no "one right answer for everyone."

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: tk109
As I get older I realize more and more that I love my own space and my way of lfe.

Women have a way of causing drama where there is non. Nag way to much and are to critical. Living alone is so stress free and pleasant.

And lets not forget over 50 percent of marriages end. Think of the hell people endure years before the divorce and during it. Or if they dont divorce it's just a constant struggle all the time and a lot of work. People are to dependant on having a mate for their happiness. To me this seems like a weakness. But I relaize thats how we are created and a desire people will always have. Just remember it will always be a LOT of work and chances are it wont work out in the end anyway.

You are either 17 or I think as you get older you have realized more and more that you are never gonna get laid and have decided to give up. Now you are just looking to justify your life sans any S.O.

Finding the right person is not easy neither is marriage. If you aren't willing to put in some effort no long-term relationship is going to work.

It seems that some people have the mindset that marriage is just like being single except you have a free hooker and chef at your beck and call. These benefits can be a reality in married life but it will require some compromises on the your part; but in most broken marriages there is too much selfishness.

FWIW I've been with my wife for over 15 years (6 married) and we have had some large disagreements but divorce has never and will never be an option for either one of us especially since both of us know where the firearms are kept. :D

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Wait until you're 40 and you realize that 'Friends with Benefits' just doesn't work anymore. You'll be one of the fat bald guys who oogle young girls while they turn away in disgust and you think you're too smooth.

There's actually a great deal of truth to this statement. Don't rush to get married; but don't waste too much time either. How much time to waste? Varies by individual, unfortunately. There is no "one right answer for everyone."

wise words.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
A good marriage involves sucking. If you don't get sucking, you suck at marriage.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Art Vandelay
So my g/f from LA came over this Thursday, the first time we actually stayed together for more than a night... anyways, after 3.5 days of living together (in my apartment), I am certain marriage must suck. Just got back from dropping her off at the airport... maybe its best to have friends with benefits because BEING SINGLE IS BEING THE KING!

if only your parent's learned this.