Holy crap, I'm getting MARRIED next week...

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
So I'm sitting here, looking up synonyms and antonyms to all sorts of mushy words, and it sinks in... I'm freaking getting married next week!

So ATOT, maybe you can help me out - we're writing our own vows, so any suggestions you can give would be great!

I think I need a drink.

L

Lola

"we" wrote our own too.
Best advice i can say is google "vows" or "creative vows" etc... i found a lot of inspiration there.

Congrats to you. :)
make sure you take some time together (just the two of you) to really take in the whole day. It will fly by faster than you can ever realize. :heart:

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Q?

was it crazy, stressful and filled with fighting?

planning the wedding, I mean.

... Good Luck and Congrats!!!
:wine:

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Honey,

Make me a sammich and please leave it on the table for the morning.

Sincerely,
isasir :laugh:, seriously just write about how you really feel about her.

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Whatever you do, do not lock your knees while standing in front of everyone.

You'll only buy yourself a one-way ticket to nappy time.

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
"we" wrote our own too.
Best advice i can say is google "vows" or "creative vows" etc... i found a lot of inspiration there.

make sure you take some time together (just the two of you) to really take in the whole day. It will fly by faster than you can ever realize. :heart:

Yeah, of course I googled! :)

Here's the thing I'm trying to figure out tho' - I saw an awesome vow that I wish I had the skills to write, but it just seems like cheating to even use a portion of it. It almost makes me not want to look at vows online, because then it's harder for me to think I'm being creative, since someone, somewhere already said it. So I don't know if I should look more and take bits and pieces, or stop looking and do my own thing.

Or just put together something based on ATOT's advice...

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
Q?

was it crazy, stressful and filled with fighting?

planning the wedding, I mean.

... Good Luck and Congrats!!!
:wine:

Yup, we've fought more in the past 6 months, than the 2.5 years before that!

My left eye started twitching this morning too! I'm not sure if it's subconscious stress, or maybe just too much caffeine.

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
LOL...
this all reminds me of the cold that I got on my wedding day...

I was so stressed out about it all, that as soon as the ceremony was over, I got sick. I was sick for the next two weeks, right during our honeymoon.

Not even any sex that night. Just didn't feel like it.

AStar617

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2002
crib them from the vows in the movie "The Best Man".

Those were pretty good, I wonder if I could pull that off myself eventually even though everyone in my family probably saw it ;)

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Fine...the softer side of spidey...

You are my everything
My purpose is devoting myself to you
As your purpose is devoted to me
I am you and you are me, we are one being
Together united in destiny we will care for one another
We will raise our children in these same views and vows
I do here promise to God and our friends and family to care for you
To support and love you
In sickness and in health
This I promise.
My word is my bond.
I love you.

L

Lola

Originally posted by: isasir
"we" wrote our own too.

Here's the thing I'm trying to figure out tho' - I saw an awesome vow that I wish I had the skills to write, but it just seems like cheating to even use a portion of it. It almost makes me not want to look at vows online, because then it's harder for me to think I'm being creative, since someone, somewhere already said it. So I don't know if I should look more and take bits and pieces, or stop looking and do my own thing.

I would love to share mine with you :)

He said:
I bring myself to you this day to share my life with you. I promise to be a faithful mate and to unfailingly share and support your hopes, dreams and goals. I vow to be tehre for you always; when you fall i will catch you, when you cry, i will comfort you, when you laugh, i will share your joy. Everything i am and everything i have is yours from this moment forth. I take you above all others to be my best friend and wife

She said:
I promise to give you the best of muself and to ask of you no more than you can give. i promise to accept you the way you are, i promise to keep myself open to you, to let you see through the window of my personal world into my innermost fears and feelings, secrets and dreams. I promise to grow old along with you, to be willing to face change as we both change in order to keep our relationship alive and exciting. And finally, i promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all that i have to give and all i feel inside in the only way i know how, completely and forever. I take you above all others to be my best friend and husband.

I know they are somewhat tradtional, but i did not want them to be sooo out there that i would look back and say: "WTF was i thinking?!"

Hope this helps in some way :)

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: isasir
"we" wrote our own too.

I can tell you ... as the mother of the bride... that there have been times that VeggieFrog and I have almost comes to blows over what is being planned for the wedding which is almost 1 year away. I was just wondering if it was normal.

:)

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Tell her, that from the day you first laid eyes on her....

from the moment her scent whisked you away to some forgotten land of yore, some land of forgotten happiness, some land of incredible joy...
past the the day you lose the very sight that lest you bless your own eyes with her visage,
past the the day when all sound is taken away from your joyous ears after so many years of being indulged by her chords,
to the day when you finally are put to rest, to lay in harmonious synchronous stasis along her side,

you have, do, and will eternally love her...

even when she stars getting fat.....

oh the tears that will flow from her chubby eyes:heart:

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
"we" wrote our own too.

you googled your vows? that's kind of sketchy

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: spidey07
Fine...the softer side of spidey...

You are my everything
My purpose is devoting myself to you
As your purpose is devoted to me
I am you and you are me, we are one being
Together united in destiny we will care for one another
We will raise our children in these same views and vows
I do here promise to God and our friends and family to care for you
To support and love you
In sickness and in health
This I promise.
My word is my bond.
I love you.

VOMIT!!!

Good though ;)

L

Lola

Originally posted by: 3cho
"we" wrote our own too.

i did initally, but then felt guilty just like the op, so we did it on our own :)

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: 3cho
"we" wrote our own too.

to say the least.....

If anything, a profession of ones true love should be one of the most honest things said, from the heart, however lame it sounds....

If anything it's about showing your true colors and letting your partner until the end of days know that here, in earnest, from your own mouth, will flow the words of love, that have no meaning to anyone else except to both of you, with the intent to fortify the bonds of honesty and truth, the bonds of partnership that are to keep you in prenup...

eww...I can't believe I just wrote that..I feel so...so dirty...

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: BAMAVOO
Sing her a song! Then go onto vows.. Sexaplenty

You make me so very happy
I'm so glad you came into my life... :music: