Holy Crap! Disney is EXPENSIVE

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Somehow I don't recall tickets being $71/day a few years ago.... ($64 for FL Residents)

We get annual passes for $65 to Busch Gardens

Has it always been this expensive? I could have sworn it was around $40-45 a day just 3-4 years ago.

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
Yeah I'm (and five others) going there over new years, and my gf booked a 2-room villa in the Boardwalk. With the platinum meal plan thing it was just over $2g a person for 6 days...not including airfare. :Q

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: crab
Yeah I'm (and five others) going there over new years, and my gf booked a 2-room villa in the Boardwalk. With the platinum meal plan thing it was just over $2g a person for 6 days...not including airfare. :Q
if you are spending that much why not go somewhere else? you could go anywhere in the US and many places overseas for that much money. disney would be the last place i would want to visit.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I don't get why grown people go there without the sole intention of taking their kids. Maybe its because I grew up half an hour from there but that place sucks. I used to turn down free tickets to go there because it was a waste of a day for me. I'd much rather hit knotts/universal/magic mountain (before the ginormous lines).

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
The last time I was at Disneyland (when I was a teenager), I think the tickets were like $31 or $32 or something like that.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Anything Disney is overrated and WAY overpriced.
About the only thing I want from them is movies made before the 90's.
If you can get a DVD collectors pack with those films for a decent price then you've got it made.

Anything else, (movies made in the 90's and beyond) all the memorabilia crap, the amusement parks, the TV channels and everything else is just shit and too damn expensive even if it were quality.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

ouch,

you can tour parts of europe for that much per person and that includes the flight

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
It's expensive but they have come out with some really good Package deals so you definitely have to chekc into those if you go with a family.

You can get hotels and food and all kinds of things included into a package. And the food can be used for the fast food in the park up to the 5 star restaurants they have too. Defeinitly a good deal if you like fancy food.

santuitman

Platinum Member
Mar 6, 2001
I second the "package" thing. The longer you stay the cheaper it gets. Plus if you can get the frre meal plan they offer at certian times (we were there in Sept) it's not too bad but my family is nuts about Disney so we're a little bias

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

$2k a person excluding flights? ROFL, happy new year :p

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
The way their TV ads have changed over the years pretty much sums up the guilt-fueled shakedown that their theme parks have evolved into. When they went from pitching the attractions and "the magic" to having to convince parents they can somehow afford it:

"It's $1600. We can do that." "Oh yeah."

santuitman

Platinum Member
Mar 6, 2001
We went for a cheap hotel on disney property(the PopCentury), stayed 4 nights, had 4 days of free meal plan, had 5 days all park access, used the Disney buses for transport and pay ~$1100 for two adults a 3 year old and a 1 year old. We figured we weren't going to be in the hotel too often so why get a fancy one and the free food plan "cause it was to off season was perfect. Gotta work those deals!

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Yeah...and then you dump another $300 in the park. MMMmmmmm....$8 Mickey Burgers! I'm sure that's what Walt Disney wanted!

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
we're going to a friend's wedding in disney next year. if you think weddings normally are expensive, try planning one at disney! unbelievably overpriced. all the bride/groom have been doing is racking up credit card debt.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
Fuck Disney. Universal Studios is where it's at.

Universal Studios charges you $45.99 per person for their version of the the Express Plus...their version of Disney's Fast Pass which Disney provides for free. I say f'k Universal over that.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: sohcrates
we're going to a friend's wedding in disney next year. if you think weddings normally are expensive, try planning one at disney! unbelievably overpriced. all the bride/groom have been doing is racking up credit card debt.

When my wife and I were getting married, she sent away for their wedding package information. We opened it up, laughed and made other plans.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I have a 7yr old, live 90 minutes away, and have mastered most things Disney *annual Pass holder*. Tips, tricks, where to stay, ect. ask and I'll do my best to answer. I've stayed at a good number of the resorts, and can tell you about those as well. While you can stay off property for less money, there is a charm to staying on property, and some of the resorts have much to do without ever leaving. Important because taking a break from the parks for a day, in the middle of the stay, will refresh and invigorate you, and Animal Kingdom Lodge, in particular, is a great experience in and of itself.

On the F Disney sentiment: As an adult I couldn't agree more, but the little man digs the parks, especially@Christmas time, so if you have kids, Disney can be considered mandatory.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Yeah it's expensive. But if you have kids, you've no choice but to bend over and take it.